• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

News related stuff that doesn't really deserve it's own thread

Spark

Global Moderator

===

Also:

https://hotair.com/headlines/archiv...n-candidate-promises-get-rid-arabic-numerals/

Otfried Best, who is hoping to become mayor of Völklingen, near the French border, was asked by a member of Die Partei, a satirical party, during a debate earlier this week what he thought of Arabic numerals used in the town, Stern magazine reported.

“Mr. Best … I find it alarming that in Völklingen many house numbers are displayed in Arabic numerals. How would you like to take action against this creeping foreigner infiltration?” asked the Die Partei politician.

The audience cheered and laughed, but Stern reported that Best gave a serious answer: “You just wait until I am mayor. I will change that. Then there will be normal numbers.”

Last edited:

Daemon

2011 Presidential Election - Government backed candidate wins by a small margin

He does nothing and people generally mock him and think he's useless

2017 Presidential Election - Constitution amended by the ruling party to include 'reserved' elections for a candidate of a particular community (race) that has not been represented in the last 5 terms. Runner up of 2011 does not qualify.

Unpopular Malay candidate from the ruling party qualifies. 2 others submit their applications but are rejected because the company they helm does not meet the $500mn equity requirement.

She wins by default.

I'm robbed of a public holiday (voting day)

Lame

Burgey

Does anyone else get the shits when their local cops put up really ****** attempts at humour on social media? Like a pic or video of them pulling over some bloke for speeding with some stupid, unfunny commentary attached to it. FMD it annoys me. Just do your ****ing jobs.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Does anyone else get the shits when their local cops put up really ****** attempts at humour on social media? Like a pic or video of them pulling over some bloke for speeding with some stupid, unfunny commentary attached to it. FMD it annoys me. Just do your ****ing jobs.
Quite a few UK police forces occasionally post some quite witty banter on Twitter and other social media, which tbf I don't mind, but what you've mentioned sounds pretty unprofessional.

Burgey

I went to SA over 20 years ago and this sort of stuff was happening back then. Can’t believe it still goes on.