• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

News related stuff that doesn't really deserve it's own thread

Burgey

China casually threatening them with the not so subtle riot drills is really scary.

I’d really advise against joining the protests, even if I agree with the principle behind them. Those people who’ve been charged? The seriousness of what might happen to them hasn’t fully sunk in yet for most people. Frightening what might happen.
When was the last big demo in Singapore? I seem to recall some big protests there about 15-20 years ago maybe? But I can’t recall what they were over

Daemon

When was the last big demo in Singapore? I seem to recall some big protests there about 15-20 years ago maybe? But I can’t recall what they were over
Zero violent protests in the last 25 years at least. The largest would've been a few years ago when 3-4k gathered at an area that's designated for staging protests (protesting anywhere else is illegal lol) to stand against the governments intention to bolster the workforce by bringing in more immigrants.

We've had amazing, morally upright and intelligent leaders from inception to date, but if or when the day comes that we're ruled by incompetent and or corrupt people, the power they are now somewhat responsibly wielding can be abused to no end.

I'm honestly inspired by some of the HKers, but all I was saying is that I don't have the balls to risk everything to fight for that.

zorax

likes this
Rumours floating about at the moment

> No more buses are arriving or leaving the airport.
> Taxis are being asked to leave.
> Staff being told to leave the premises.

Less believable, but more frightening, rumours are that the internet in the airport area is going down, and that they're going to lock down everything in 30 minutes

Haven't verified any of this mind.

Spark

Global Moderator
Golfclaps for Yahoo for buying a website for $1.1 billion, deliberately telling its userbase to **** off and go away, and then selling it a few years later for $3 million (i.e. 0.3% of the nominal price that they bought it for). Brilliant business strategy there.

Uppercut

Golfclaps for Yahoo for buying a website for $1.1 billion, deliberately telling its userbase to **** off and go away, and then selling it a few years later for $3 million (i.e. 0.3% of the nominal price that they bought it for). Brilliant business strategy there.
What they did was a bit like buying a giant global art gallery, burning it to the ground with all of the art still inside, then selling the ruins for 0.3% of the price. "Bad business strategy" is a very charitable way of describing it.

Burgey

Didn't realize until just now that Yahoo owned cricketweb.net