• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NSFC (Not suitable for cricket)

pasag

RTDAS
Name and shame Test grounds that should be stripped of Test status because of pitches that are hurting the game beyond repair.

1. Colombo
2. Adelaide
3. Antigua

Please add.

Last edited:

Top_Cat

GAGFC, Adelaide gets a result most of the time.

EDIT: 2 draws in 12 years, 3 in almost 20.

Last edited:

Jezroy

Napier tends to be hard work in NZ.

Last few tests have come to a result (or almost) on the last day - but some SERIOUSLY hard work for bowlers there.

Much better in Hamilton and Wellington - great test venues.

pasag

RTDAS
GAGFC, Adelaide gets a result most of the time.

EDIT: 2 draws in 12 years, 3 in almost 20.
Ah sorry, got this thread a little mixed up with the one I was starting in the General Sports Forum titled "Feral Football Fans." :ph34r:

benchmark00

I'm not sure if I want this venue stripped from tests altogether but Bellerive Oval is a bit of a shocker.
Out of interest why's that? Not the ovals fault that it rains all the time and all the people in the state have two heads.

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Damn, was gonna come in and say Kamran Akmal, but Ian Bell is tough to top.
Bell the better keeper tho. & I say that never having seen him keep or knowing if he ever has.

Think saggers's shout of Antigua will take some topping. The Sir Viv Richards Stadium literally not suitable with that beach for a run up.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
SSC has a pretty good record over time, I thought, as a venue for quality cricket. And there's more than one Test match ground in Colombo. :p

Migara

SSC has a pretty good record over time, I thought, as a venue for quality cricket. And there's more than one Test match ground in Colombo. :p
RIP for SSC pitch. It used to be a very good one, but now it's dead. Should be dug up and prepared fresh.

And Yes, Colombo has five test grounds. SSC, P Sara Stadium, NCC, Khettarama and Tyronne Fernando ground at Moratuwa. Only SSC, PSS and KS are active.

Kylez

A fair few Sub Continent pitches and a couldn't disagree more with the person that said Adelaide Oval.