• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Obituary Column

HeathDavisSpeed

I saw the headline on Stuff today:

Actor Corey Haim dies | Stuff.co.nz

Corey Haim. Well, the Lost Boys was a quality piece of movie entertainment. My third favourite Corey after TopCat and Corey Feldman. Very young.

Note: The only other obituary thread I could find was for popular members who aren't posting at the moment. Please don't lynch me if this is a duplicate thread, I don't think my atmosphere could take it.

Note Note: At least the atmosphere round here isn't as bad as Russ Abbot's hit single Atmosphere. That was mind staggeringly awful.

Top_Cat

Hi, you've reached the Corey hot-line. $4.95 a minute. Here are some words that rhyme with Demerol......

Last edited:

Burgey

No idea if you are joking or not but in no way should anybody be exposed to that **** ever in their lifetimes.
Was being sarcastic tbf. Not really my idea of great TV.

Last edited:

Burgey

It isn't. Couldn't get much worse itbt.
Probs not the discussion for this thread, but seriously, where do they get the ideas for so many of these shows? Just terrible. That particular show makes Big Brother look like the Sopranos.

HeathDavisSpeed

The forum atmosphere passed away this morning at 9.08 New Zealand Summer Time. Early reports are that as soon as the presence of the atmosphere was identified, that it was battered repeatedly until quite dead. Attempts to apply the defibralator pads failed, and the atmosphere was pronounced dead early this morning.

Forum Atmosphere is survived by his children.

duffer

Burial or cremation remains the only question really. Might need to quarantine CC for a while too. Except the IPL thread. Very fun and friendly in there.

HeathDavisSpeed

The sillyness was the only bit of decent atmosphere in that whole thread, but it was the sillyness that was objected to? Unbelievable.

Anyway, don't want this thread to be closed too.

So maybe a proper obituary. I saw that the main guy from Mission: Impossible (also the Captain in Airplane!) - I think his name was Peter Graves - has died. Oveur and out.

Top_Cat

The sillyness was the only bit of decent atmosphere in that whole thread, but it was the sillyness that was objected to? Unbelievable.

Anyway, don't want this thread to be closed too.

So maybe a proper obituary. I saw that the main guy from Mission: Impossible (also the Captain in Airplane!) - I think his name was Peter Graves - has died. Oveur and out.
I worked with him a few years ago, served under Oveur with two other guys. They were called Dunn and Unger. I was under Oveur and Oveur was under Dunn who was, in turn, over Unger.

Last edited: