• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Offical** Commentary complaints thread

BSM

Not a complaint but did anyone else think Simon Doull was unusually subdued when Boult got Kohli? Would not have blamed him for getting really excited, but sounded almost as if he didn't want the wicket to happen.

RossTaylorsBox

Not a complaint but did anyone else think Simon Doull was unusually subdued when Boult got Kohli? Would not have blamed him for getting really excited, but sounded almost as if he didn't want the wicket to happen.
Angling for an IPL coaching gig

quincywagstaff

Yeah, thought so at the time and listening back all three opening wickets were pretty subdued Doull commentary. Seemed to really miss the moment; just imagine how Bill Lawry would've commentaries that period of play.

Flem274*

123/5
Lets just say after being in hamilton for a few years ive become aware that doull is not one of the great new zealanders

bk19xsa

How can some posters rate Isa Guha as relatively good? She puts everyone to sleep with her monotone voice.

Her and Harsha together was the equivalent of general anesthesia being given out.

No excitement what so ever if a boundary is struck or something unusual happens. It was bewildering that she raised her voice slightly when they showed replays of wickets falling earlier in the match.

Victor Ian

I hate exited commentary. It should be low key and calm. '...and he has hit that over the rope'. '...he's out. Nice ball, that'. Noisy outbursts should be the domain of heathen sports like football.

Howsie

A few days late but the commentary during the NZ-India semi final was actually unbearable. Bar Smithy the entire commentary team was practically willing India home. It's hard to put into words and I definitely wasn't the only one who noticed it but even watching the replay it was able to rile me up. It was shocking, like listening to Pat Symcox in 2011 all over again.

Bahnz

A few days late but the commentary during the NZ-India semi final was actually unbearable. Bar Smithy the entire commentary team was practically willing India home. It's hard to put into words and I definitely wasn't the only one who noticed it but even watching the replay it was able to rile me up. It was shocking, like listening to Pat Symcox in 2011 all over again.
haha, talk **** about Doull all you want, but I'll always cherish the memory of him trolling Symcox with a hearty "Well Pat, South Africa not doing so well suddenly, aye?" after AB's run out.

morgieb

I hate exited commentary. It should be low key and calm. '...and he has hit that over the rope'. '...he's out. Nice ball, that'. Noisy outbursts should be the domain of heathen sports like football.
Proper excitment is gun IMO. So as long as it sounds authentic and at key moments rather than creaming the top whenever the batsmen hits a four regardless of context.

vcs

Proper excitment is gun IMO. So as long as it sounds authentic and at key moments rather than creaming the top whenever the batsmen hits a four regardless of context.
Ian Bishop and Nasser Hussain get this right. Ravi Shastri and Mike Haysman, not so much.

Daemon

Are you a Tony Greig hater? If so please give yourself an uppercut.

Bijed

Are you a Tony Greig hater? If so please give yourself an uppercut.
Grieg was awesome, probably my favourite commentator. If someone else came along with his style, I'd probably find it annoying, but it worked so well with him. Miss him

Arachnodouche

Agree strongly. I can summon all the excitement I need on my own, thank you very much. I was doing an ugly jig half-clothed in a dark living room while Jadeja was cutting lose. No cheerleader needed.