• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Office of the Stats Keeper (Club Cricket)

Majin

OD in WI is awesome, FC is dire. Supposed to be the other way around for me as well, I think :wacko:

readie

Hoping to be able to bring across these efforts to the Dev League next season. Dominating in both forms of the game. The good performances in FC are most important because that is where I have struggleds to date tbh.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
T20 78/28
OD 48/40
4D 19/23

Really weird season. Not even a bowling all-rounder in the proper stuff, perhaps batting all-rounder (which is what I originally considered myself actually) in OD and true all-rounder in T20, hope I can take that into the dev league T20

readie

4D - 1241 runs @ 59.09 Top Score : 170* 4 Centuries 7 Fifties
OD - 758 runs@ 108.28 Top Score: 105 2 Centuries 6 Fifties

So far really good. I'm enjoying the fact I'm sticking it to the more established CW batsmen results wise. Hopefully I can bring this level through to the Dev League

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Can we get an official explanation of how much off-season will effect career ability? I think it may have been done once before but I can't remember which thread it was in.

Travis_Teh

Can we get an official explanation of how much off-season will effect career ability? I think it may have been done once before but I can't remember which thread it was in.
As far as I was aware, the official status FC and OD added to career stats, therefore adding to the simming stats (either good or bad).

The unofficial status FC and OD didn't do much. I think you'd have to take a million wickets or score a million runs for those leagues to affect the career simming stats slightly. Even then, I thought it was at Liam's discretion.

Mr Mxyzptlk

As far as I was aware, the official status FC and OD added to career stats, therefore adding to the simming stats (either good or bad).

The unofficial status FC and OD didn't do much. I think you'd have to take a million wickets or score a million runs for those leagues to affect the career simming stats slightly. Even then, I thought it was at Liam's discretion.
Nah, it's a system. Simming averages are inflated when players play in USA/T&T, though I won't reveal the formula. Trust that it is a standard adjustment though, that everyone undergoes.

If a player then performs better than his Dev League simming average, his Dev League stats are adjusted to suit. That's pretty standard too. Very few people have performed well enough to improve though.

readie

I'm not sure if you can answer this but would you expect my performances to improve my Dev League performances/simming avg's at all?

cpr

Hmm, apparently i've bowled 6 FC overs in America according to the stats, though by my reckoning, i count 89

Slight descrepancy there, and y'know, i think i'm right :p

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Hmm, apparently i've bowled 6 FC overs in America according to the stats, though by my reckoning, i count 89

Slight descrepancy there, and y'know, i think i'm right :p
Well spotted. It would have been 77 at the time of the stat update if I'd done things right. Fixed for next update.