• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 2nd Test at Lord's

FBU

Lyth to be kept in for Starc. :ph34r: Got him both times. Surprised at his figures 29-4-102-2 though after his 7 wickets in the 1st Test. Maybe due to his injury.

Uppercut

Bit sick of people talking about Smith's technique as well.

It's really pretty similar to Amla.
Didn't Bradman walk across his stumps and play to leg a lot? Or did I dream that.

A lot of enormously successful batsmen have done it so I don't even understand what's supposed to be "flawed" about it.

Last edited:

Son Of Coco

Who mentioned Root? Smith is brilliant but we don't need Hales to be the best batsmen in the world we need him to be a serviceable 3 which his technique should allow.
You mentioned technique...I was just giving Root the props for having a wonderful technique, but pointing out technique means nothing really. So the point in mentioning it at all when talking about batting at 3, or mentioning it all the time when talking about Smith, kind of escaped me.

Last edited:

91Jmay

It has been used as a reason Hales would fail at 3 (which he might) so it sounds like you agree with me. I also don't think Root has a wonderful technique.

Son Of Coco

It has been used as a reason Hales would fail at 3 (which he might) so it sounds like you agree with me. I also don't think Root has a wonderful technique.
As an Australian supporter I wouldn't be concerned if Hales held the bat between his arse cheeks while someone spun him around like a windmill.

Son Of Coco

Begs the question why you jumped in so vehemently then.
It was really just to talk up Smith's successes and Root's failure. It's all I live for.

I'm also equally mystified about all the discussion over Smith's technique. Anyone talking about it still clearly hasn't been paying attention.

Hurricane

It was really just to talk up Smith's successes and Root's failure. It's all I live for.

I'm also equally mystified about all the discussion over Smith's technique. Anyone talking about it still clearly hasn't been paying attention.
I Agree I think anyone who is questioning Smith's technique is a fundamentally flawed human being.