• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 4th Test at the MCG

TNT

Banned
100k people over the 5 days averaging $50/ticket and then an extra $30 in food is around $8M revenue per Aus test. Tv rights are probably worth 5x that.
What about the other 100,000 people that paid to watch?.

How much is a ticket to the MCG, is it only $50?.

Victor Ian

Don't forget that they will pay shitloads in MCG rent and that the food will make them practically nothing because it is the vendors who make all of that.

And then remember to count nothing for all of the members and take away swarths of other promotional seats

Adders

****ing food.....jfc you couldn't even call it that. I spent $25 on a Red Rooster roll and a hot dog during the day. Took 2 bites of each and through it in the ****ing bin. My god I don't even know how these ****s pass this off as edible....it was dead set disgusting!!

At the Adelaide Oval the food was mint......had a bloody fantastic curry tent that fed me every day for 5 days back in 2013.

Melbourne really does need to lift it's game all round, I haven't missed an Ashes test there since 2002.....but honestly I think I'd rather pay the extra and go to Adelaide or Sydney next time around. Shitest wicket, took the players off when it was not even raining to bring them back on 5 mins later, **** food.......overpriced day 5 tickets. MCG can gagf, their claim of being the sporting capital of Australia is a joke based on my experience.

Victor Ian

****ing food.....jfc you couldn't even call it that. I spent $25 on a Red Rooster roll and a hot dog during the day. Took 2 bites of each and through it in the ****ing bin. My god I don't even know how these ****s pass this off as edible....it was dead set disgusting!!

At the Adelaide Oval the food was mint......had a bloody fantastic curry tent that fed me every day for 5 days back in 2013.

Melbourne really does need to lift it's game all round, I haven't missed an Ashes test there since 2002.....but honestly I think I'd rather pay the extra and go to Adelaide or Sydney next time around. Shitest wicket, took the players off when it was not even raining to bring them back on 5 mins later, **** food.......overpriced day 5 tickets. MCG can gagf, their claim of being the sporting capital of Australia is a joke based on my experience.
Sadly I have to agree with you. Once our stadiums were cheap with good pies and chips for not much. Then they ruined everything and brainwash us with sporting capital to make us feel it's our patriotic duty to pay. Let afl play in mud again and have the natural pitch and don't protect the food vendors so much so they have to lift their game. You're lucky that you didn't by the overpriced pizza that turns out to be cookie sized.

Starfighter

Should mention I was at the last day, my first ever day watching test cricket at the ground. Was literally bored to tears in the middle session and left with Smith on 94 because he was taking that long and I had to be elsewhere. Thank God I wasn't the one who payed for the ticket.

S.Kennedy

Why didn't you attempt to obtain a refund?

Son Of Coco

Lmao they had entry on Day 5 at the WACA and Brisbane priced at a gold coin donation.
They must have lifted their game at the WACA. We went there years ago in the afternoon after we'd finished a course at UWA. They tried to charge us $75 to watch the last hour and a half of play.

flibbertyjibber

Think it is a general sporting venue thing and the bigger the event the less they care and the worse it is. Wembley has always been terrible for food, Cheltenham festival has a couple of good stalls but most are awful and don't even start on the home test grounds. They know that they can rip off the punter as they are a captive audience and can't go elsewhere so the standard and price doesn't matter.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Think it is a general sporting venue thing and the bigger the event the less they care and the worse it is. Wembley has always been terrible for food, Cheltenham festival has a couple of good stalls but most are awful and don't even start on the home test grounds. They know that they can rip off the punter as they are a captive audience and can't go elsewhere so the standard and price doesn't matter.
To be fair, the last couple of times I've been to Edgbaston the food has been pretty reasonable and Lords' Fish & Chips were surprisingly good albeit not cheap (which was I suppose made up for by being able to take some drink in with us and save paying through the nose for that as well).

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I certainly can't really blame the Aussies for not turning up yesterday. Probably the first time ever I've said this but apart from maybe a very slight hope of a miracle day I didn't go for the cricket.........it was a 90% chance of being what it was......a dull af affair.

The Aussies did have a chance to see their new Bradman knock up another Ashes ton, so maybe that alone should have got a few more in.......but it was always going to be a party in the Barmy Army stand and I just went for that.

Plus the thieving ****s charged $30 at the door to get in.
Charging the $30 was a disgrace. I think after the other three tests having been a gold coin donation, there would have been a lot of people turning up their nose at the idea of watching what was always likely to be a slow day's cricket.

Personally, I'd been to three days, my body couldn't take another.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator

They've gone and put in some better cafe type stuff, always thought it was better than what it had been when I've headed into the outer during footy season.

They've done a good job looking after the Members - each bar has a meal they produce (burrito, roast beef roll, chicken souvlaki) for $10. Gets the thumbs up from me.

andruid

Ashes test in Tasmania instead?