• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Code of Conduct Discussion

James90

Loony BoB said:
Misconduct - Streaking (when a player removes his or her clothing in a way unbefitting of a cricketer during a game)
Cheating - Matchfixing (when a player secretly affects the result of a match in a way which does not abide with the laws of the game)
Borcich is screwed.

age_master

Loony BoB said:
Punishments, depending on how serious the breaking of conduct is, could include warnings, match-bans (can last more than one match), season-bans (can last more than one season) and lifetime bans (can last more than one lifetime). It could also be made mandatory in some situations for a private or public apology to be made to officials and/or other players.
Something fairly simple to grade offences and a guide for punishments would have to be agreed upon by the board. eg:

Grade 1 - Punishment is a warning and private apology- For a first offence or something not too serious.

Grade 2 - Single match ban and a public apology - for repeated non serious offences

Grade 3 - Multiple match ban and a public apology- Serious Offences

Grade 4 - Season / Life Ban - Very serious Offences (Nichani etc)

age_master

Im looking for a little more imput both in terms of crimes and appropriate punishments as well as a disiplinary panel makeup.

In terms of a panel makeup my thoughts would be a senior member of each team, nominated by the captain (but not the captain themselves) forming a 5 man panel - the Board then pick a chairperson from those 5 people to supervise. This chairperson will have the deciding vote should someone be be out of contact and the vote even.

Loony BoB

I like the idea of the five player panel, however instead of the CWBCC picking a chairman, what about the possibility of the PA Rep or the CWBCC themselves getting involved for split decisions?

age_master

I think that any disiplinary panel needs to have independence from the board.

I think the final decision should come to someone within the panel as well.

thewizard1o1

age_master said:
I think that any disiplinary panel needs to have independence from the board.

I think the final decision should come to someone within the panel as well.
Indeed, why form a panel for the CWBCC to still have the 'power' in decision making.

Loony BoB

Like I said, it would only be if there was a split decision. But if you guys disagree, I'm not too bothered. However I do think that we should be careful with saying that one person has the power-vote, as situations where that person who has the power-vote is the representative of the player-in-question's team, then it might be seen as unfair. It might be seen that it is impossible for them to vote in favour of their teammate as it would be considered bias by the public.

age_master

yeah thats true, though i trust the captains to nominate appropriate people, and above that i trust the Board to pick an appropriate person to lead the panel.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
age_master said:
Something fairly simple to grade offences and a guide for punishments would have to be agreed upon by the board. eg:

Grade 1 - Punishment is a warning and private apology- For a first offence or something not too serious.

Grade 2 - Single match ban and a public apology - for repeated non serious offences

Grade 3 - Multiple match ban and a public apology- Serious Offences

Grade 4 - Season / Life Ban - Very serious Offences (Nichani etc)
Looks a good grading system.