• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** COVID-19 Discussion

DriveClub

I read that its been transmitted through bats to snakes to humans. Should eating bats and snakes be banned?

DriveClub

How do you know it was transmitted through eating those animals?
From what I read it says it spread to people working or shopping in the wild life markets. I'm not sure whether it spread by eating, bites, physical contact or through air

Daemon

Just another distraction created by the ICC while they work towards implementing 4 day tests

zorax

likes this
People are ****ing terrified of it here

Hope the authorities contain it soon. I'm a bit optimistic - the virus doesn't seem to be killing healthy people, mostly older people and those that are immunocompromised. Existing medication seems to be working too.

Hopefully this doesn't get too out of hand and the bright brains can get a vaccine out soon

StephenZA

Hopefully this doesn't get too out of hand and the bright brains can get a vaccine out soon
There is not even a vaccine out for SARS, so expecting one for this coronavirus strain would appear unlikely. Viral treatments have improved in the last 10 years, but that is very much around the 1st world.

I mean we have a vaccine for measles and yet 5000+ deaths in the DRC with health organisations failing to get enough vaccinations out there. Coronavirus is not nice but it is not that deadly either, largely deaths are lack of proper treatment and care, which is more an indictment of world wide health systems.

AndyZaltzHair

Wuhan and many of China in complete lock down. You would think there are more death cases than they are reporting officially

Burgey

Mrs Burgey has her usual quarterly round of meetings in Singapore coming up in mid-Feb, and we've had a lazy bet that by the time she's due to go it will have been cancelled owing to the spread of this thing. It's only a hundred, but I'm backing the cancellation at this stage.