• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** COVID-19 Discussion

social

With nothing more than gut feeling to back this up, seems obvious that there’s a shitload of undiagnosed cases in Australia

People don’t get infected in the burbs if it’s not out there

Last edited:

Shri

I had a nasty cold in February that started out as a sore throat

Could feel the lymph nodes swollen and painful near my throat (if that's what it is)

Plus sinus pains on my face

Idk if that was corona but no one else with me got infected

Spark

Global Moderator
I had a nasty cold in February that started out as a sore throat

Could feel the lymph nodes swollen and painful near my throat (if that's what it is)

Plus sinus pains on my face

Idk if that was corona but no one else with me got infected
If you didn't get a fever then those symptoms likely weren't COVID-related. IIRC fever is present in >90% of symptomatic COVID cases.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Just got tested (again). Asymptomatic once again, but exposed to a whole new cluster of people (outside of patients) at work. So we will see.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
If you didn't get a fever then those symptoms likely weren't COVID-related. IIRC fever is present in >90% of symptomatic COVID cases.
It's interesting. Some data shows a fever of about 71% (~90% get fever, shortness of breath or cough). Other data (taken in hospitals) that if you need hospitalization, you almost certainly have a recent history (or current) fever. So I don't think we really know the true rate of fever per actual infection (rather than rate of fever for those seeking care).

Last edited:

honestbharani

Wow.. we had a guy who was covid positive in a different block of our apartment. He tested positive on 2 July and today his entire family tested positive. :( Is there any reason to suspect this can be airborne , at least within confined spaces like someone's home?

duffer

Hasn't the WHO aslready confirmed airborne transmission is a real thing for this coronavirus?

Grim world we live in.

honestbharani

They did not confirm. They said it maybe true as those tests are being done now, but the very fact that it is even considered a possibility is grim. Spark or one of the other scientifically minded posters can confirm/deny about that...

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Wow.. we had a guy who was covid positive in a different block of our apartment. He tested positive on 2 July and today his entire family tested positive. :( Is there any reason to suspect this can be airborne , at least within confined spaces like someone's home?
Family clusters, all with covid, has been a very common phenomena since the very beginning. Whether its airborne or not, being in close contact and being indoors with each other for an extended period of time is going to increase the chances of spreading almost any respiratory infection.

vcs

It's absolutely **** being in India right now. It seems like the lockdowns/social distancing and so on is going to continue for a long, long time. :(