• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official Discussion Thread for New Zealand Friendly**

Blewy

The CWFA Today announced a preliminary 18 man squad to take on the New Zealand at North Harbour Stadium on the 20th of February.

Kev Gough has been named captain of the squad, which contains 7 new faces from the side that took on American Samoa ealier in the season...

It was also announced that Swell Midfielder Liam Camps will take over as Vice Captain after Nathan Hoy stood down from the position after the American Samoan fixture..

The Full Squad which will be cut down the week before the match is as follows:

Keepers:

S Jasotharan (ISL)
B Donald (NOR)

Defenders:

B Goff(EAS)
D Dubb-Lynch(CEN)
N Patrick(WES)
S Burke(CEN)
J Gray(WES)
H Mork(ISL)

Midfielders:

N Hoy(EAS)
L Camps(ISL) - Vice Captain
S Fitzsimmons(EAS)
Z Gelman(CEN)
A Cloete(NOR)
G Roberts(WES)

Strikers:

K Gough(ISL) - Captain
D Kennett(WES)
N Dravid(EAS)
M Hutchinson(ISL)

Goughy

Congrats to all selected. Also special congrats to Camps as vice captain. He has been brilliant recently.

The Swell have 5 in the squad. Could be an issue for the Round 18 game but it is a massive boost to the club and a tribute to our recent form.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Delighted to be selected, I would have thought I needed another season's solid work to even be in the reckoning for such a match. Will be plenty to do in the back four against New Zealand, no doubt, who are a quality international side. We need that kind of matching if we're going to improve. :)

Johnners

Congratulations to all selected, hope you show these Kiwi's a thing or two, and that CW Land will be a force to be reckoned with in the Oceana region :)

oz_fan

Happy to be selected and congrats to everyone who made the squad. Hopefully we can put in a good performance against New Zealand.

chaminda_00

A bit disappointed the improved performances of Power haven't resulted in more players in the squad. Good luck to everyone who made the squad and i hope Blake's and Andy's recent good form can result in them getting a starting spot.

Dark Hunter

Very happy to be selected, though also dissapointed to be missing out on playing for the Swell at a crucial stage in the season. Congrats to Camps for being the new VC as well.

Mister Wright

Very, very disapointed to have been left out of the squad. I guess it's understandable given that I let in 10 goals the other round, but I thought I handled myself well enough in the first international to get another chance.