• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Emerging Nations Cricket Thread

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Hahaha that's dire

David genuinely probably should be playing for WA if Turner wants some time out though (he dropped himself lol). Carder and David are probably of similar quality but picking 5-6 seamers is extremely lame.

zorax

likes this
this Krishna dude is getting huge turn. Ridiculous.

Shame Ghazanfer wasn't available for us. He'd be cleaning up here. Very similar style of bowler.

Gonna need the two veteran pros to dig deep and get a few big overs here.

zorax

likes this
i swear associate cricket is so toss reliant. Teams can barely win a tricky run-chase. Either they're chasing <120 scores or losing. Everyone bats first after winning the toss.

zorax

likes this
I'd like to see Singapore try and chase. Reckon they'd lose to Malaysia too if that were the case.

I wonder if it's possible to dig up stats on the % of wins in Associate T20Is that come from batting first when scores are > 120.

zorax

likes this
And no surprise our form recently coincides with Aizaz Khan losing 7 out of 8 tosses. In 6 of those games we've had to chase. Nepal stupidly sent us in to bat first. The only chase we've won was vs Thailand. The one toss Aizaz did win, we scored 171 vs Malaysia, but then the bowling fell apart in face of a confident lineup at the end of a losing series and they chased it down.

zorax

likes this
The 120 cut off is relevant because it shows that at associate level batsmen just don't have what it takes to maintain a greater than run a ball strike rates under pressure. It's a lot of block block bash without having the nuance to knock the ball into gaps or hit the ball into unorthodox areas.

It might be worth filtering further into the top tier associates and see what their stats are like. My experience following this level of cricket for the last year or so suggests that the batting is good enough that scores of 120+ are extremely common, but not good enough yet to where that can be chased down with the same frequency that it is scored. The path to victory as the side bowling first is to shoot them out cheaply - winning a reasonable runchase is slim

I think bowler friendly pitches are also a factor. Batsmen don't have the experience/skills to deal with pressure, and the conditions don't allow them to just slog through the line and bail themselves out

I'll happily dig up Singapore's success rate in chasing 120+ and 135+ scores later. Would also be interesting to compare it with full-member T20I stats and see how frequently sides chase 140+ and 155+ at that level.

zorax

likes this
Singapore vs Nepal start delayed due to rain

must win game for HK vs Malaysia here. But if it's rained out, HK go through to the next qualifier.

zorax

likes this
Also another world record for Nepal yesterday - Sandeep Lamichhane bowled 22 dot balls vs. Thailand, the most ever by a single bowler in an innings in T20Is! 22 out of 24 deliveries were dots - he bowled two maidens to start with, conceded a single wide in his third over, and in his final over was hit for 2 runs and bowled a wide that went away for 4. 4-2-9-1 - 7 of which were wides.

zorax

likes this
Singapore vs Nepal called off without a ball being bowled. No more rain, but the bowler's runup area is rekt apparently

let's see if HK vs Malaysia goes ahead.

zorax

likes this
People commenting on the ACC twitter are not happy that the HK vs Malaysia toss has been delayed lol