• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2019-20

Furball

Evil Scotsman
How many players do Utd need to challenge the top 2?

I suggest 4,,,,De Gea is probably done while jury is out on Henderson at elite level. Lindelof like Smalling is decent but neither are elite.

An Ndidi type midfielder and a right winger would probably be enough. I think in Martial and Rashford they are sorted with strikers.

Bin Rojo, Jones, the Brazilian Cleverly and Obviously Sanchez also.
Hard to say. I really like the look of their first 11 but the squad depth isn't there, their bench last night looked awful. At the same time though just spending lots of money filling out the squad is a complete waste.

A replacement for Matic is priority number 1 in my opinion, Sancho would be an amazing signing if they could pull it off. Keeping Pogba is a must as well.

flibbertyjibber

Like Furby says, they have an 11 to match others but no depth. Will be interesting to see who they bring in once the window opens as they have a lot of very good young players like Chelsea do. Both could dramatically improve next season.

Uppercut

Disagree with Furball quite strongly, we definitely need to sell Pogba if anyone will take him. Really ****ed up not selling him last summer.

Our only options are selling him now, letting him go for free in a year, or giving him another big contract after he's been so unreliable for so much of his current deal. He's a very good player when the going's good but he's been a complete disaster and the club desperately need to get that band aid ripped off.

Tom Halsey

How many United, fans still on the "it was a disaster to let Jose go" bandwagon? Neil Custis in ruins.
There weren't ever many seriously on this bandwagon I thought? Unless I just move in massively unrepresentative circles. Mourinho just really really needed to go, whoever we replaced him with. Had become too toxic.

grecian

There weren't ever many seriously on this bandwagon I thought? Unless I just move in massively unrepresentative circles. Mourinho just really really needed to go, whoever we replaced him with. Had become too toxic.
Maybe it was just a social media thing, I obviously don't move in those circles either. Seemed to be a lot of this type of sentiment about a year ago, but admittedly maybe mainly people who have never been to Old trafford, and Scum journos, who are obvs the lowest of the low.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Disagree with Furball quite strongly, we definitely need to sell Pogba if anyone will take him. Really ****ed up not selling him last summer.

Our only options are selling him now, letting him go for free in a year, or giving him another big contract after he's been so unreliable for so much of his current deal. He's a very good player when the going's good but he's been a complete disaster and the club desperately need to get that band aid ripped off.
If he's happy and Solskjaer can get the best out of him then you keep him, he's one of the best midfielders in the world.

Big if, granted. Also didn't realise he had a year to go which complicates things.

Uppercut

Unrelated, but every time I remember that this Spurs season is going to be the subject of an amazon documentary it cheers me up.

flibbertyjibber

A question for you. For some reason I had you down as a Leeds fan until your favourite five matches were about Shrewsbury. Did I just get it wrong, or is there more to it than that?
Not a Leeds fan, Shrewsbury Town. Dads half of family are from Bridlington, mums from Shrewsbury.

grecian

Yeah, reckon the only thing to play for in the Prem is European places and record chasing for Liverpool.

Last edited:

duffer

Lol, reports that Chelsea are offering Willian a 2 year extension but we're willing to offer him a 3 year contract.

The feck is going on here, how much money do we piss away on questionable deals like this?