• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at the Oval

Tangles

Only 3 Aussies have been standouts and would be first picked in a joint team. Rogers, Smith and Lyon. That indicates poor bowling on top of poor batting.

Zinzan

Well spoken by both skippers. Clarke was very humble.

Congrats again to England, but great response by Aust to finish things off.

91Jmay

Only 3 Aussies have been standouts and would be first picked in a joint team. Rogers, Smith and Lyon. That indicates poor bowling on top of poor bowling.
Nevill done as much (as little) as Buttler in fairness.

I'd cheat a bit and go something like this:

Rogers
Warner
Cook
Smith
Root
Stokes
Nevill
Starc
Broad
Anderson
Lyon

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Yeah, Ballance's first innings was crucial. If he'd not played it we may have lost Cardiff.

Go laugh at that Aussie slip cordon.

Last edited:

Tangles

Nevill done as much (as little) as Buttler in fairness.

I'd cheat a bit and go something like this:

Rogers
Warner
Cook
Smith
Root
Stokes
Nevill
Starc
Broad
Anderson
Lyon
Happy with that top 6. Not sure I want to reward any of our seamers for their collective bowling and Buttler has been clean and didn't drop the Ashes in Cardiff. Although that was Haddin not Nevill. Nevill scored more runs i think.

burr

Jerusalem
That song is the single most irritating thing about English cricket.

Anyway, well done England!

I hope all the players from both teams do get together after the match and mingle a bit. They all seem like fairly decent blokes to be fair.

Pothas

Well not much of a day but being there for the ceremony was decent I suppose. Also had to see everyone get a bloody medallion though, disappointed I did not get one tbh.

Stapel

Surely from a neutral perspective five hammerings shared amongst the teams is better than a 5-0
I would disagree, Five tight tests that all eventually swing the same way is more fun.

The very very great thing about test cricket is that the momentum can swing form session to session. Well, that's what I like about it! It has only happened once this series, at the very start of it.