• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test at the MCG

Goughy

Meh, not dated if your not a Yank, and most of us aren't:)

I hadn't seen it before.
You need to get out more :)

It is a little cringe worthy when it is claimed that Collingwood made it up

Fair enough if people have not seen it before but watching it is like hearing people make "phone a friend" or "you are the weakest link" jokes.

Anyway, great win. Hopefully do the business properly with a win in Sydney.

Last edited:

grecian

Fair enough if people have not seen it before but it is like making "phone a friend" or "you are the weakest link" jokes.

Hmm, Swann that said that, he's not really to be taken seriously, but see your point.

Agree about Sydney, I'm a little off-kilter on this forum I think. People are opening the Champagne, and I just think the job is half done. I'd of taken the draw at the start of the Ashes to retain, but I'd feel a bit down if we lost the last match. Winning in Oz is no mean thing, a number of the players will never get another chance, and who knows it may be the best chance for all the players.

I hope they still remain focused and I hope they didn't celebrate too much. Grind them into the earth boys, just as they've been doing to the world of cricket for decades.

four_or_six

Been around years. My little kids do it when we play sport in the garden. A dance move that migrated into the NFL a long time ago. As good as it was to see England win, it was a little embarassing watching them do something that is already so dated.

EDIT- 2003 in the NFL
Seahawks' TD celebration could draw flags this season
Thought Swann just said Colly had brought it into the dressing room, not made it up. Cbf to re-watch the diary though so could just be mis-remembering.

I think it's great that they're doing it if the fans want them to, it's a nice bit of fun. :)

JBH001

I had never seen the Sprinkler Dance before and think Swanny's resurrection of the dance is hilarious. The team all doing it at the G after the win is, imo, just cool to see. (Swanny's 5th Ashes Video Diary contains clips from lots of English cricket fans of all ages doing the dance. It's well worth a look.)

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Went along on Day 3, was a good day's cricket, although difficult scoring in the afternoon.

Bresnan was a great selection. England bowled the best it did throughout the series, mainly because the pressure was maintained by Bresnan. Whilst Finn took wickets, he bowled some boundary balls that let the likes of Hussey get their feet moving and confidence up; Bresnan kept the pressure on beautifully and never gave us suckers an even break.

Well done to Sids for showing some genuine fight.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
That's what we thought with Ishant during the last tour.

And Irfan Pathan was MOTM in Perth too.

Got to see how they do elsewhere.
To be fair, Ishant came out of the series with an ordinary average. The Pom quicks have taken wickets.

Loved the mexican waves, everyone started booing when it reached to a certain part of the stands (don't know why).
The MCC Members, they don't "participate" in the wave because they are too stuffy for the "riff raff". That's what the public would say. Think it adds a bit of character, TBH.

MW1304

Loved hearing Swanneh give a shout out to St. James' Park on Channel 9. No way the Barmy Army make as much noise as '75,000' geordies, as he put it, and not sure our Australian viewers will get that reference, though.

Jacknife

Thought Swann just said Colly had brought it into the dressing room, not made it up. Cbf to re-watch the diary though so could just be mis-remembering.

I think it's great that they're doing it if the fans want them to, it's a nice bit of fun. :)
No, your right in the video diary, Swanny said Colly had showed him it, but he didn't know where he got it from.

Son Of Coco

Fair enough if people have not seen it before but watching it is like hearing people make "phone a friend" or "you are the weakest link" jokes.

Haha, yeah I agree. It can be seen occasionally on dance floors etc in Oz when people are mucking around.

Has been around for a long, long time.

FBU

No, your right in the video diary, Swanny said Colly had showed him it, but he didn't know where he got it from.

The perception here is that you’re enjoying your time out there, especially with crazes like the sprinkler dance…

Anderson
We’ve heard a lot of people have seen that. We had a practice match in Adelaide and I said, “If we win, I’m going out tonight and I’m doing the sprinkler dance.” Someone asked what it was and it just took off from there. But I didn’t invent it, it’s something that I saw years ago out in Burnley.

The Telegraph

The dance, ironically invented around the BBQs of Australia in the 1980s, involves holding an arm out and imitating the jaunty rotation of a garden sprinkler.

Wiki

The move originated in the 1980s but was created during the summer of 1978 by an unnamed high school male adolescent who lived in University Park, TX. This was during the disco days of Saturday Night Fever and "The Bump". He saw some very big sprinklers on the grounds of the University Park pool and was intrigued at the inordinate amount of water they propelled. It has been shown in the movies: House Party and A Night at the Roxbury