• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official India in New Zealand***

James

Cricket Web Owner
March 6
Only Twenty20 International - New Zealand v India
Westpac Stadium, Wellington

March 8
1st ODI - New Zealand v India
McLean Park, Napier

March 11
2nd ODI - New Zealand v India
Seddon Park, Hamilton

March 14
3rd ODI - New Zealand v India
Eden Park, Auckland

March 17
4th ODI - New Zealand v India
Westpac Stadium, Wellington

March 20
5th ODI - New Zealand v India
AMI Stadium, Christchurch

March 22 - 24
New Zealand XI v Indians
Bert Sutcliffe Oval, Lincoln

March 26 - 30
1st Test - New Zealand v India
Seddon Park, Hamilton

April 3 - April 7
2nd Test - New Zealand v India
Basin Reserve, Wellington

James

Cricket Web Owner
That would be so fantastic.

It should be a good tour. A possibly interesting point, can anyone remember the last time the captain of a touring squad has never toured NZ before?
Sure is, it's fantastic news. Along with a great many others, I think each Test series should be a minimum of 3 Tests.

Bahnz

That would be awesome, but if they did, they'd have to schedule play to start early. When they had those April tests against Sri Lanka a couple of years back, play had to be called off every evening at 5:00 pm because it was too dark. They'd need to have a 10:00 am start at the latest.

I also wonder where the match will be played? Napier would be the logical choice, but its already had a match this summer, and the crowds were abysmal. The other option I suppose would be to hold it at one of the big stadiums and take advantage of the lights (e.g. Eden Park), though NZ cricket seems to have gone off that option in the past couple of years.

Last edited:

James

Cricket Web Owner
That would be awesome, but if they did, they'd have to schedule play to start early. When they had those April tests against Sri Lanka a couple of years back, play had to be called off every evening at 5:00 pm because it was too dark. They'd need to have a 10:00 am start at the latest.

I also wonder where the match will be played? Napier would be the logical choice, but its already had a match this summer, and the crowds were abysmal. The other option I suppose would be to hold it at one of the big stadiums and take advantage of the lights (e.g. Eden Park), though NZ cricket seems to have gone off that option in the past couple of years.
Maybe we could host the first night Test :ph34r:

I'd imagine it would have to be Napier regardless of crowds wouldn't it given the weather at that time of year?

G.I.Joe

Nice. Looking forward to this tour so much. Wouldn't mind seeing those 100 meet 100 pitches again too.

susudear

Banned
100 vs 100?

Judging NZ's batting talent, India's bowling talent and India batting, more likely to see 50 vs 150 on those pitches.

Weather wouldn't be a problem during that period of time.

Would be awesome to have 3 tests.

G.I.Joe

Lets just be thankful they're requesting an extra test instead of 2 extra ODI's. How's the weather at that time of the year? Wouldn't want to wake up at 3 am only to see play delayed.

_Ed_

In Hawke's Bay, where the extra match would be likely to be played, it's pretty reliable from late August right through to about May. Probably the best climate anywhere in NZ.

duffer

Reckon we'll whitewash the Tests weather permitting. Good that a lot of the guys can have a nice bedding in period to New Zealand conditions with 5 ODI's.

Can't wait to see India playing again, they get a good rest then this and the IPL straight after. Yay :D

Jungle Jumbo

Ishant and Zaheer to clean up here, but Sehwag and Gambhir to struggle. Could be a really interesting series this one, especially if the ball moves around a bit.

duffer

Yeah, Gambhir's first away test series since making the opening spot his own. Big one for him but he seemingly gets better every time I see him. Like I said before, the 5 ODI's are a perfect opportunity for him to get his bearings and get a feel of NZ before the Tests. I'm backing him to do well.

bryce

Ishant and Zaheer to clean up here, but Sehwag and Gambhir to struggle. Could be a really interesting series this one, especially if the ball moves around a bit.
Yeah because typically the NZ seamers expose the conditions just aswell as touring seamers(bar Shoaib), so as you say it will be interesting to see how Khan and Sharma perform. Also how much will Singh & Mishra play together with Irfan, Munaf & Sreesanth all waiting in the wings? Would quite like to see the Indian batsman placed in more than a few tricky situations on some tricky pitches, just personally. The way they adapt & cope with the much different wickets will be extremely evident - touring Indian batsmen in the past normally leave NZ tours with quite modest returns(bar Dravid)

_Ed_

Sehwag was actually surprisingly good here in the last tour. I remember him scoring two centuries in the ODI series, one of which in a very low-scoring game at Eden Park.