• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

ohtani's jacket

The most interesting talk I heard was they might play Stuckey at point guard and have Hamilton come off the bench because an Iverson/Hamilton backcourt is probably too small. I dunno how it will mesh. Detroit are still a pretty good ball club from all accounts (4-0).

Biggest surprise for me so far has been the Suns. Early days, but they're still in the mix.

duffer

AI and Rip will get the most minutes unless they've got a beast of a guard like Baron/Chauncey to defend is what I heard Curry talking about. Can see Stuckey and possibly Afflalo getting plenty of minutes though and plenty of guarding assignments.

Watching the Pistons today, Rip and Tayshaun are going to love AI. They're deadeye when given an open look and Iverson and the automatic double team will find them plenty. Really like they're frontcourt regardlessof whether Dice comes back. Sheed, Amir, Maxiel, Hermann and even Kwame can all be usefull depending on the situation.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Watched the Bulls get steam rolled by LeBron and Co. They were truly pathetic in the paint. Rose seems to be the only one with any cojones and goes into the paint quite often, which is a great sign. He'd be much more successful with another team for sure, guys like Nocioni, Deng, Thabo were absolutely clueless when handed the ball under the basket and the rest of the guys bar Gordon had a hard time keeping up with Rose. Despite having 2 wins so far, Vinny has an incredible amount of work ahead of him.

RE: Iverson. This really makes the Pistons serious contenders for the title this year, which doesn't sit right with me. :p

duffer

Haha, love the little guy so much.

In other news, watching the Heat-Spurs game today makes me appreciate how huge Ginobli is for them. Coming off the bench he allowed Pop to rest Parker and Duncan with no ensuing drop-off to their scoring ability. With him out, their second unit couldn't score to save their lives and he's having to overplay Duncan and Parker which can only lead to more injuries for them like Tony's ankle sprain today. This is the worst I've ever seen a Spurs team play since they drafted Duncan. Enjoying it tbh.

Also, Michael Beasley is so awesome, he's like a thinner Melo with his scoring and they've got him playing hard defense now too, which he never did at Kansas. Him, Wade and Matrix is such an awesome Big 3 for them, they just need a good big man or two to make this a team which could go deep into the playoffs.

EDIT: Wow, typed it too soon. Beasley gets injured and the Spurs cut a 24 point lead to 9 in 3 minutes.

Last edited:

duffer

Win what? The title? It depends if Yao stays fit and T-Mac doesn't choke come the playoffs they match up well with anyone. Still fancy the Celtics though.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
These Clipper mother ****ers are 0-5, yet making a come-back in the one match where I have money against them.

duffer

Haha, well they're due a win, especially at home. They've got a pretty decent team there, just bad luck with the conference they're in.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I know **** all about NBA. But I bet on Houston at half time (paying generous odds considering they were 9 points up AND playing a team 0-5).

I also bet on Memphis Grizzlies since they were 2 points down at half time, yet paying over $3.00.

They're both winning so far. Come on!!!

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
They won :D As did the Houston Rockets.

Gotta love 'value' half time betting. Doesn't always work out, but its worth a punt.

Probably would win more money if I knew anything about the NBA though :ph34r: Then again, sometimes less knowledge is better.

Johnners

Haha Jono, if you did follow the NBA a little closer you certainly wouldn't have been putting money on the grizzlies :p

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Makes the win feel even sweeter :cool:

So can someone also tell me why Miami are such long odds against New Orleans? At one stage winning by 1pt, yet paying $6? Hornets have lost two on the trot haven't they?

Last edited:

duffer

Well the Hornets are one of the best teams in the League and have the best Point Guard in the world right now. Miami were horrendous last year, improved this year but are playing back to back games on a West coast trip. Surely Nawlins should be favourites here.

duffer

Haha, well some decent advice as far as NBA regular season games is only bet on the one's with a significance to them.

So many meaningless games over the course of a season and in a league where high profile officials have been found to have fixed matches and results I wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them.