• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

Anil

yeah i remember this one...it was a grind-fest for sure but was already a huge san antonio fan and i hated the pistons for whupping the lakers super team the year before that...it was a terrific series and a great result for me...:)

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
The Last Dance is ****ing excellent so far. Loving it, loving it, loving it.
I was planning on waiting for all the episodes to finish and then watch, but I couldn't keep away. So much awesomeness just in the first episode. Tons of never before seen footage. I love it and I was on cloud nine when Sirius started playing during the outro and the credits.

Right then my wife had the gall to ask me "so whatever happened to Rose?"

:@

RossTaylorsBox

I'm not a big basketball nerd so I don't know how revealing the doco is but it's pretty fun. Jordan is a massive dickhead (which you pretty much have to be), but I will never get bored of him shitting on Jerry Krause and Isaiah Thomas. Or deciding he didn't like a particular player and then just being able to demolish them.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Yeah but its helluva fun watching all this footage and being reminded of all the stories. For one, I had completely forgotten about Rodman's vacation.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Oh, The Last Dance is so dire. Sugar coating Jordan's bullying of team mates. Ken Burns is right. Why does he have creative control the way he does. This is a propaganda machine.

hendrix

Oh, The Last Dance is so dire. Sugar coating Jordan's bullying of team mates. Ken Burns is right. Why does he have creative control the way he does. This is a propaganda machine.
I haven't watched it but yeah i'm always uncomfortable with this weird romanticising of that type of stuff. Even if being an asshole really was the way to get results when it's truly desperately needed, you're putting a bouncy rubber ball in a hoop. It's just not important and it's not worth it.

duffer

I totally get this take and it's been written about by a lot of people who say it shouldn't be presented as a documentary. Thing is, all documentaries have their own slant and this one is the same. Hasn't stopped me from loving it, just have to watch it using your own critical thinking. Just like any other form of media or entertainment.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I liked some aspects of the documentary like bits on Rodman, Pippen, Phil Jackson, some competitive aspects of Jordan, say. However, after a while, it gets boring. Every series is, o this guy did this, so I will show my dominance over him. Meh. The Bulls were much more than that. The sugar coating aspects of things re Jordan doesn't help. Some of the interviews from the players on youtube etc on these incidents are quite interesting. Frankly, it could have much much better if let to be a bit spicier.. but then it would not have happened I guess, so yeah.

Daemon

Which YT channels do you guys recommend? Been watching tons of jxmyHighroller along with random stuff suggested to me on some kids like Tacko Fall and Manute Bol’s kid.

duffer

bballbreakdown used to be really good before he sold out to his sponsors. Other than that I just watch random compilations and mixtapes.

andruid

Which YT channels do you guys recommend? Been watching tons of jxmyHighroller along with random stuff suggested to me on some kids like Tacko Fall and Manute Bol’s kid.
Heat Check is interesting (if you are into people who talk like 'yo yo, this is your boy...' and stuff). Thinking basketball is more 'sober'.