• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Quarterfinal Three: Germany vs Italy

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Germany vs Italy
Nouveau Stade de Bordeaux
Saturday 2 July, kick off 21.00 CET

Germany: 12 Euro appearances (1972-), champions 1972, 1980, 1996, World Cup holders, also won World Cup 1954, 1974, 1990, lost the war
Italy: 9 Euro appearances (1968- ), champions 1968, World Cup winners 1934, 1938, 1982, 2006, lost the war

Redbacks

Will be a massive game, but could end up really cagey if both sides don't want to take risks.

Uppercut

Will be a massive game, but could end up really cagey if both sides don't want to take risks.
I think it'll be a great game. Spain was just as big a game for Italy and they weren't scared at all. Germany don't really have the setup to play defensively either.

I'm expecting terrible things from Wales-Belgium and Portugal-Poland though.

Redbacks

I can't believe how bad Poland were against the Swiss. I've always thought they were a good side but the aren't very good this Euros. Lewandowski is struggling to impact matches but I feel he is trying to adapt from club level playing in front of 10 superstars where all he has to worry about is his own movement, to Poland playing on the counter.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Been a good watch so far. Germany have been quite poor in the final third though, they're definitely missing an attacking threat like Draxler.