• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Quarters/Semis/Final General Discussion

smalishah84

The Tiger King
agree with salman there.

Another thing is that the teams with good bowling attacks have looked much stronger in this WC which is probably why India have not seemed as good as their pre tournament status suggested/

Pakistan definitely the better bowling side. However it must be borne in mind that the Pakistan spinners won't be half as effective against India as they have been against other teams

smalishah84

The Tiger King
Mods will have to just skip the infraction system, and just grab the ban hammer:ph34r:

:laugh:

Disappointed for Aus to go out, but pretty excited at the prospect of India v Pakistan.
yeah man. In ODI cricket it almost doesn't get any better than this. I say almost because the only thing more exciting than an India Pak WC semi-final would be an India vs Pak WC final

salman85

The biggest cricketing match of my life?Hell yes.

Sure there was the T20 final,but this is bigger.Much bigger.

vcs

I think it's a good thing I'll be missing most of this match travelling, for the sake of my heart. Will just pretend it never happened if the result doesn't go our way.

salman85

I think it's a good thing I'll be missing most of this match travelling, for the sake of my heart. Will just pretend it never happened if the result doesn't go our way.
"You can run.But you can't hide" to use a lame proverb.

angad

agree with salman there.

Another thing is that the teams with good bowling attacks have looked much stronger in this WC which is probably why India have not seemed as good as their pre tournament status suggested/

Pakistan definitely the better bowling side. However it must be borne in mind that the Pakistan spinners won't be half as effective against India as they have been against other teams
South Africa has equally balanced bowling attack, Your theory only implements on Sri Lankan pitches (Double paced). Against Steyn n co we scored 87/0 in 10 overs. On Indian pitches proper batsmen capable of scoring 100s come handy. India-Eng/SA-India/Eng-IRD match comes to mind. Pakistan batting must click, no Salman Butt and Shoaib Malik this time for Pakistan (They always lifted their game against India). India's top 3 vs Pakistans top 3 batsmen will be crucial. Plus Pakistan middle order is not one you relate to 6 Runs/over (Misbah, Younus, Shafiq). If India bats first, 350 is minimum you guys will be chasing.

smalishah84

The Tiger King
South Africa has equally balanced bowling attack, Your theory only implements on Sri Lankan pitches (Double paced). Against Steyn n co we scored 87/0 in 10 overs. On Indian pitches proper batsmen capable of scoring 100s come handy. India-Eng/SA-India/Eng-IRD match comes to mind. Pakistan batting must click, no Salman Butt and Shoaib Malik this time for Pakistan (They always lifted their game against India). India's top 3 vs Pakistans top 3 batsmen will be crucial. Plus Pakistan middle order is not one you relate to 6 Runs/over (Misbah, Younus, Shafiq). If India bats first, 350 is minimum you guys will be chasing.
dude you guys didn't score 300 against the saffers on a belter.......no way you will get 350 against us........true Indian batting line-up is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Pak batting but our bowling ain't piss poor..........350 I doubt...........

vcs

^^

Yes, the way Sehwag and Sachin batted against the best attack in the tournament should not be forgotten just because we ****ed up royally in the end. Not to say it will happen again, but if India bat well, they have a good chance of dominating any attack. Even today, 3 wickets were pretty much gifts to the Aussies. India's middle-order batsmen (bar Yuvraj) really need to learn to keep their foot on the opposition's throats after their top-order gives them such excellent starts.

smalishah84

The Tiger King
^^

Yes, the way Sehwag and Sachin batted against the best attack in the tournament should not be forgotten just because we ****ed up royally in the end. Not to say it will happen again, but if India bat well, they have a good chance of dominating any attack. Even today, 3 wickets were pretty much gifts to the Aussies. India's middle-order batsmen (bar Yuvraj) really need to learn to keep their foot on the opposition's throats after their top-order gives them such excellent starts.
yeah but against SA that Khatmal-ish leave off a Sehwag edge by the Saffers keeper cost them heavily....much like the Khatmal reprieves to Taylor cost pakistan

vcs

One half-chance in 15 overs isn't bad when you are attacking that much. It wasn't even bad bowling, especially by Kallis and Morkel, when you go back and watch the highlights. Just sublime batting from both ends.

cricpk

It will be Shoaib's last game agianst India. Ecpecting Shoaib to bowl inswinging yorkers to indian batsmen. If i were him, i would give everything i have in me on that day.

smalishah84

The Tiger King
One half-chance in 15 overs isn't bad when you are attacking that much. It wasn't even bad bowling, especially by Kallis and Morkel, when you go back and watch the highlights. Just sublime batting from both ends.
It was not a half chance man.........it was a straight forward regulation catch to the wk.....he just let it go and the slip was waiting for the wk to take it

Tendulkar was awesome tbf and even today he looked great out there..........some of the shots were plain outstanding

salman85

If India bats first,i'm certain we will be chasing a decent score.Saying that we will chase 350 is taking it a bit too far though.Gul and Afridi will tighten the screws,Hafeez is very economical,so that is 25 overs,or even 30 of the Indians innings if Hafeez bowls his entire quota.The hitting will have to be down in the remaining 20 overs against the Razzaqs and co.Even if India go at 8 an over for 20 odd overs,they definitley won't be going at 7-8 an over against Gul,Afridi and Hafeez.

I think they will get a target in the higher 200s if they bat first.Edge close to 300,but not reach 350.Every match isn't Karachi 2004.

vcs

Yeah well, those things happen. Like Razzaq dropping Tendulkar in 2003. What followed afterwards was sensational though.

EDIT : To smalishah's post about van Wyk not going for Sehwag's catch.

Shri

We should chase imo. A target of 272 would be ideal, with Sehwag and Sachin smashing every bowler around for fun at the start and Yuvraj will score a 50 to take us home.:p