• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Semi-Final 1: Spain v Portugal

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Usually have a lot of time for Spain, but by the end of the match I really wanted them gone on this occasion. Have really had enough of watching this 6 man midfield system. As Pothas said a while back, without Messi at the head of it, it just doesn't work, and it's tedious to watch. They looked a bit better when they brought Navas and Pedro on, but they had no incision and you never felt like they were going to score.

Terrible decision to send Bruno Alves back after he walked up to take his kick, don't rate him at the best of times, but that sort of thing would be enough to cause anyone to lose their bottle. No wonder he missed.

The Sean

Spain's last nine results in tournament knock-out matches:

0-0
3-0
1-0
1-0
1-0
1-0
1-0
2-0
0-0

A phenomenal run of clean sheets, but just 10 goals in those nine games means it's a ****ing lot easier to admire than love them.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Spain's last nine results in tournament knock-out matches:

0-0
3-0
1-0
1-0
1-0
1-0
1-0
2-0
0-0

A phenomenal run of clean sheets, but just 10 goals in those nine games means it's a ****ing lot easier to admire than love them.
The fact that they have a really strong and well organised defence (quite underated I would say it is actually) makes their reluctance to be a it more adveturous higher up the pitch hard to understand.

Ramos is pretty dodgy I suppose, but when he's partnered by Pique, has Arbeloa the other side of him, has Busquets and Alonso in front of him, and has Casillas behind him he can be carried through most games no problem. Has Llorente featured at all in this tournament? Surely he would be worth a go ahead of Negredo.

The Sean

I don't remember Llorente getting a single minute yet this tournament. For all the BBC's tossing off about how harsh it was on Torres not to feature tonight, it's Llorente who has been Spain's form striker this past year and I reckon he can feel pretty aggrieved to have been completely ignored for the whole tournament.

Then again, if Spain win it all again - as fate seems to have decreed they will - I guess no one will care too much.

cpr

Got bored about 5 mins into ET. Went KFC instead. Even if the sheer amount I've eaten makes me sick, I still maintain it was the right call. So praying for Germany to go on and tear them to shreds, but can see the Italians shutting shop after bouncing one in off Balotelli's testicles after 5 mins tomorrow.

Spain v Italy final on Sunday night, hope to crap theres a decent film on elsewhere....

Uppercut

The fact that they have a really strong and well organised defence (quite underated I would say it is actually) makes their reluctance to be a it more adveturous higher up the pitch hard to understand.

Ramos is pretty dodgy I suppose, but when he's partnered by Pique, has Arbeloa the other side of him, has Busquets and Alonso in front of him, and has Casillas behind him he can be carried through most games no problem. Has Llorente featured at all in this tournament? Surely he would be worth a go ahead of Negredo.
I always remembered Ramos as dodgy but he might even be my player of the tournament so far, been phenomenal. Plus he Pirlo'd his penalty past Casillas.

Spain are so, so dull, hope Germany tear them a new one.

Pothas

It is a futile hope but please Spain will you start Pedro and Navas in the final, they were a actually really good in extra time. It is the lack of width more than the lack of striker that I find more frustrating. Iniesta has been their best player by an absolute mile and he has got to play in the middle.