• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka in Pakistan 2019 (Tests)

morgieb

Surprised at no tour thread given the series starts in three days and the squads have been announced. Given it's Pakistan's first Test series in Pakistan in 10 years too, it's also quite significant.

Test dates:

11/12
1st Test, at Rawalpindi

PAK

SL

19/12
2nd test, at Karachi

PAK

SL

Squads:

Pakistan: Azhar Ali (capt), Abid Ali, Asad Shafiq, Babar Azam, Fawad Alam, Haris Sohail, Imam-ul-Haq, Imran Khan, Kashif Bhatti, Mohammad Abbas, Mohammad Rizwan (wk), Naseem Shah, Shaheen Shah Afridi, Shan Masood, Yasir Shah, Usman Shinwari

Sri Lanka: Dimuth Karunaratne (c), Lahiru Thirimanne, Kusal Mendis, Angelo Mathews, Kusal Perera, Niroshan Dickwella, Oshada Fernando, Dinesh Chandimal, Dilruwan Perera, Dhananajaya de Silva, Lakshan Sandakan, Lasith Embuldeniya, Suranga Lakmal, Lahiru Kumara, Vishwa Fernando, Kasun Rajitha

morgieb

Yes you read that right, Fawad Alam is back in the Test squad. Took them long enough :p

duffer

Did the Lankans bring their strongest available squad?

Either way, happy for the fans in Pakistan. I hope they come out in droves for these games.

Edit: looks like the Lankans squad is a strong one. This is on!

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
My XIs

1 Azhar Ali
2 Shan Masood
3 Asad Shafiq
4 Babar Azam
5 Fawad Alam
6 Haris Sohail
7 Mohammad Rizwan
8 Yasir Shah
9 Kashif Bhatti
10 Mohammad Abbas
11 Shaheen Shah Afridi

1 Dimuth Karunaratne
2 Oshado Fernando
3 Kusal Mendis
4 Angelo Mathews
5 Kusal Perera
6 Niroshan Dickwella
7 Dhananajaya de Silva
8 Dilruwan Perera
9 Suranga Lakmal
10 Lasith Embuldeniya
11 Lahiru Kumara

I just don't want Thirimanne to play.

vcs

Didn't trundler post somewhere that he was going to one of the matches?

vcs

Pakistan will be relieved not to have to face Herath, who always seemed to reserve his best for them.

Lakmal will be a big miss, especially if the ball moves around a bit early in the winter mornings. Could flatten out later in the day.

GoodAreasShane

Shame about Lakmal. Rajitha seems a solid replacement, although knowing Sri Lankan selectors they will try to rush come absolute hack like Lahiru Gamage in to the squad instead

EDIT: nope its Asitha Fernando called up, good move I reckon. Has a bit of pace, and pretty impressive domestic numbers by Sri Lankan standards. Rajitha should still probably get the nod ahead of him but Asitha is definitely promising

Last edited:

smalishah84

The Tiger King
Big Day for Pakistan cricket.

It has been more than a decade now that we had a test match in pakistan. It feels surreal and I didn't really know I would again see test cricket in pakistan in my lifetime.

Hoping to go and see some of action given that my timing matches the series timing pretty well (in terms of me visiting Pak). I might just be able to squeeze the first day of test in karachi. It will be a close call since i have to fly out but would love to attend at least some part of the match.

Gnske

Lmao still can't pick Fawad.

Good thing they picked Haris "Inzamam is my Personal Trainer" Sohail and a guy who averages 39.