• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Super 8 Group 1 Discussion - Eng, WI, SL and NZ

stumpski

We don't deserve to go through frankly. :( Time to join the Kiwi fans (altho I guess most are in bed by now) in drowning our sorrows.

stumpski

Swann playing the sort of knock that makes you wonder why he doesn't do it more often.

28 wanted from 10 balls though.

flibbertyjibber

Must admit I don't give a toss we are out. Haven't watched a full match yet and probably won't bother now. Well done to SL and WI and thanks for knocking us out.

Scaly piscine

Too many passengers. England have beaten Afghanistan and New Zealand whilst losing comfortably to everyone else. I didn't fancy them to win but that's a pretty pathetic effort. Flower and the rest of them should take a lot of responsibility for this and the downfall of England generally. Their selections have been absolutely pathetic. They've backed the likes of Dernbach, Bopara and Kieswetter. Absolutely mind-boggling. Meanwhile they seem to have contradicted themselves with Patel - his fitness has gone backwards. Handled the KP situation horrendously. There seems to be a revolving door with most new players who they have a quick look at and they're gone, whilst others are just backed to the hilt and don't seem to need bother proving themselves at the next level down. England needs to get back to basics and have more merit-based selections and back the FC/Loins system, not take the piss out of everyone by selecting ****ing ****e like Bopara again and again and again and again and again.

theegyptian

Too many passengers. England have beaten Afghanistan and New Zealand whilst losing comfortably to everyone else. I didn't fancy them to win but that's a pretty pathetic effort. Flower and the rest of them should take a lot of responsibility for this and the downfall of England generally. Their selections have been absolutely pathetic. They've backed the likes of Dernbach, Bopara and Kieswetter. Absolutely mind-boggling. Meanwhile they seem to have contradicted themselves with Patel - his fitness has gone backwards. Handled the KP situation horrendously. There seems to be a revolving door with most new players who they have a quick look at and they're gone, whilst others are just backed to the hilt and don't seem to need bother proving themselves at the next level down. England needs to get back to basics and have more merit-based selections and back the FC/Loins system, not take the piss out of everyone by selecting ****ing ****e like Bopara again and again and again and again and again.

Problem is Prior, Bell and Woakes will come in and everybody will remember why they were dropped in the first place. I agree that throughout the tournament the team selections and plans were inconsistent and Broad and Flower should take a load of criticisms because there was seemingly no coherant gameplan.

You talk about a revolving door for new players but Bairstow, Buttler, Kieswetter, Dernbach, Hales have all been given long runs. I really do believe that England picked the best squad that was available to them. Bopara deserved his place but then had a massive dip in form once the squad was named- not much you can do about that.

Personally I thought that it was criminal to drop Kieswetter today. To ask Bairstow to keep wicket in foreign conditions without any real practice in the short term and with his keeping being so average as it was, was unfair to bairstow. Of course none of the press were pointing out today how **** bairstow was given that they all seemed to want Kieswetter out. No-one seems to have pointed out that Bairstow has been just as **** throughout the tournament as Kieswetter. Shoulda just stuck with KW and told him to smash the ball rather than giving the gloves to a partimer for a WC QF in alien conditions.