• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies Tour of England 2020

morgieb

i don't think the windies are going to just dig up a couple of high quality batsmen. domestic leagues where averaging 30 is an achievement isn't the breeding ground for world class batsmen, and tends to turn good prospects into jermaine blackwood speculative dashers who want to score as many as they can before the grenade arrives with their name on it.

they need to sort out their domestic decks before the batting will make sustainable improvement imo.
Yeah bar maybe Campbell I feel like the WIndian batsmen would all be better players for another country. Though in saying that I'm not sure that we can blame "**** domestic pitches" on Brathwaite's and Bravo's regression.

Beamer

i don't think the windies are going to just dig up a couple of high quality batsmen. domestic leagues where averaging 30 is an achievement isn't the breeding ground for world class batsmen, and tends to turn good prospects into jermaine blackwood speculative dashers who want to score as many as they can before the grenade arrives with their name on it.

they need to sort out their domestic decks before the batting will make sustainable improvement imo.
The pitches this year were on the whole a lot better with a number of people averaging 40 or over against some high quality pace bowling and very decent spin from Cornwall and Permaul. If they keep that up we should start to see some come through. Joshua De Silva seems the most likely at the moment given that the likes of Keacy Carty are still struggling to get big runs. Keegan Simmons from T & T also looks good.

Flem274*

123/5
The pitches this year were on the whole a lot better with a number of people averaging 40 or over against some high quality pace bowling and very decent spin from Cornwall and Permaul. If they keep that up we should start to see some come through. Joshua De Silva seems the most likely at the moment given that the likes of Keacy Carty are still struggling to get big runs. Keegan Simmons from T & T also looks good.
that's good to hear, i just hope curators hold their nerve when someone with zero technique swings their way to a massive average on hand-eye alone. it takes several seasons for everyone to adjust to a new pitch trend.