• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Olympic cricket

thewizard1o1

I agree with Blewy, i done Dressage when i was a nipper at pony club and it is hell hard...couldn't be bothered watching it but many horsey people enjoy it alot.

As for cricket...no it shouldn't be in the big Os, enough joke sports in their already.

Chubb

I reckon 20/20 cricket could be in the olympics- wouldn't it be over faster than a baseball or softball match? why not cut those two and have 20/20 instead. I reckon more people play cricket across the world than baseball- the entire population of the indian subcontinent wouldprobably outnumber baseball people by themselves, not counting all the rest.

Craig

World Traveller
Blewy said:
Mate if you appreciate anything to do with horses you would understand dressage... The things the horses do are amazing...
I'm not really into horse's, I have tried to get into it, but I find it painfully dull.

At least the commentary could be a little bit more exciting.

age_master

i dunno, India has over a billion people who like cricket over baseball, the chinese dont play either of them... would be interesting to see accurate stats on how many followed each though

Mister Wright

We're not debating the amount of people who follow each sport, just that it is played more widely than cricket.

If you go deep into South America, I bet they wouldn't know what cricket was, but would know what baseball was.

Craig

World Traveller
And do you think would win the Gold then?

And how about commenting on the CommonWealth Games comment, or is because you have no arguement and I have won it?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
No I don't think that they would be guaranteed a Gold.

I didn't comment on the Commonwealth Games because the only thing I could say to that is that it was in 2002, and more recent 7s have been very close and have more relevance.

Tim

Lets get rid of the sports that get their fair share in the sun like football & to some extent basketball etc. Id much prefer to see someone beat the odds in table tennis than watch yet another excuse for football to be played.

Craig

World Traveller
broncoman said:
haha craig, ur good at digging urself into a hole!
No I am not digging myself into a hole.

I am only defending myself in an arguement, and I have the guts to comment, like a few certain forum members run off when questions get asked at them.

I think New Zealand would be in a medal match at least, and New Zealand are strong in 7's (Like winning of recent Titles).

But Marc who do you think you win Gold?

Simon

WCC Staff
i cant agree, i dont care what anyone says, the olympics is the pinacle of the sporting world, should that mean the highest profile sports like football shouldnt be in the games? There should be more sports not less...

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Craig said:
No I am not digging myself into a hole.

I am only defending myself in an arguement, and I have the guts to comment, like a few certain forum members run off when questions get asked at them.

I think New Zealand would be in a medal match at least, and New Zealand are strong in 7's (Like winning of recent Titles).

Ask the duck - he runs away from nothing

<muffled quack> Can't - locked in the cupboard again

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Craig said:

I cannot say because it is too close to call - there's no one dominant side, and even if there was 1 dominant side, that's no guarantee of Gold (look at the USA 4x100 side and Basketball side)

Beery

Mister Wright said:
We're not debating the amount of people who follow each sport, just that it is played more widely than cricket.

If you go deep into South America, I bet they wouldn't know what cricket was, but would know what baseball was.
Yeah, probably because baseball is a kid's game. :D

Heck, I get bored to tears watching baseball. It is about the most boring game I've ever seen. Jumped-up Rounders is all it is. It's fine to play, but not much fun to watch.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Beery said:
Yeah, probably because baseball is a kid's game. :D

Heck, I get bored to tears watching baseball. It is about the most boring game I've ever seen. Jumped-up Rounders is all it is. It's fine to play, but not much fun to watch.
So you're a LAWN DARTS man, eh?