• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Open relationships

Gnske

A way to produce healthy chakras and have diverse carnal pleasure, or just an infeasible gimmick of the middle class?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
they always involve at least one person who looks incredibly sad and/or dead inside, but is trying to hide the fact

Flem274*

123/5
unbelievable the amount of dudes who go for this. i think they're mad. unless you're a 10 she's outscoring you significantly, even if she's a 3

in fact if she's a 3 she's more likely to want one of these. the amount of not traditionally attractive women on tinder in open relationships is eye opening.

more seriously, i don't think i could do it. it's time you don't get to invest into your family or your hobbies, and i'd just feel guilty smoking some 2/10 while the missus stayed home looking after the kids. just a total abdication of being a good father and husband. if the missus is bi though and wants to invite another girl in then maybe. irl i'd just get paranoid im being greedy. i just feel 'open relationships' miss the entire point of being in a relationship. i expect this is an area where my taditional background won't be overcome. hey i believe in man made climate change.

all that said, they're grown adults, it's not up to me to judge or decide how they ruin their lives. i personally choose to ruin mine in other ways.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
We had this discussion a few years back. I only remember because zorax posted a load of dirge (yeah yeah, I know) about how monogamy was unlikely to be the way forwards for his generation, and my eyes are still rolling now from it

Teja.

Global Moderator
As I posted in detail in the ruby lounge, I was ‘offered’ to be part of one once by a girl I know and I ran for the hills immediately not least because I was not single, high and too weirded out to say no normally in the situation. I was good friends with the couple before and I used to hang out with them very often as well. It’s now too awkward to interact with them after the incident unfortunately which also sucks because my Ps3 is still in their house. I have a PS4 but still..

Overall, it sounds like a surefire way to ruin the most important/foundational part of my life and I find the idea intuitively a bit sickening personally.

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with it morally though so full power to those who practice alternative lifestyles and find it compatible.

I also think trad people who get all wound up about how *** cults are destroying their monogamous society or whatever to be deeply cringe.

zorax

likes this
We had this discussion a few years back. I only remember because zorax posted a load of dirge (yeah yeah, I know) about how monogamy was unlikely to be the way forwards for his generation, and my eyes are still rolling now from it
i don't remember this

hendrix is very pro open-relationship tho

Uppercut

Didn't T_C used to be in one?

I think the vast majority of people who try it find that they're not really emotionally set up for it, but there are a few people it works for.

I thought Conversations with Friends was about people who approved of alternative relationship arrangements for ideological reasons slowly and painfully discovering that they weren't set up for them. Nobody else thought the book was about that, though.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
they always involve at least one person who looks incredibly sad and/or dead inside, but is trying to hide the fact
Did we talk about this recently? I made this exact point to someone in the recent past, I cannot for the life of me remember the context though.

Gnske

sledger was spot on. I've been giving it a whirl for a week just for the heck of it.

Usually I'm a trad monogamist at heart, but thankfully I'm in a part of the country that does it's best to dissuade me from meaningful pursuits. So really until next year when I'll probably relocate, anything goes.

Considering taking requests. I am that shallow and cold hearted.

Gnske

For example I just got sent the message "i want you to know that anything with **** in the title is going down my throat"

One of you please respond

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
i'm not a big fan of monogamy as i think i've stated before. divorces are bad but growing up in families that should have been divorced but aren't are even worse.

people should just quit when they don't work together, not drag it out with open relationship bs. that way madness lies.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I think the vast majority of people who try it find that they're not really emotionally set up for it, but there are a few people it works for.
Yeah, on a purely emotional level, I don't think I would be able to cope with it. Like, at all. I mean, I googled the girl I am dating a bit at the moment the other day, and it brought up a Daily Mail article covering how her previous partner extravagantly proposed to her. Even seeing that (totally irrationally) made me feel sad and uncomfortable.

On a purely practical level though, all other concerns aside, I just don't think I could be arsed. Sounds more or less like being as close to the definition of "more trouble than it's worth" than most other things I can think of.

Last edited:

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Yeah you're definitely thinking about hendrix here.