• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Out of 10 - The Player Performances

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Well, people on here have said they've experienced the watching the whole series thing, yet you know better...

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
I find it impossible to believe Justin Rodgie can co-exist with the rest of the planet. Yet he does. Hence, Richard`s theory is bunk.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Never seen it in person, therefore I will refuse to believe it. I know better than everyone else.
You've seen no evidence of it being done?

Which is what I say about the watching-every-single-ball-of-a-five-Test-rubber scenario.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well, people on here have said they've experienced the watching the whole series thing, yet you know better...
I don't - I've been very careful not to say "rubbish, you did nothing of the sort".

I've said "I can't bring myself to believe you're not exaggerating slightly".

FaaipDeOiad

And people are going to record 25 days' worth of cricket and re-watch the whole lot, are they?
Actually, what I had in mind was more a TIVO sort of situation, where someone could simply pause the television if they wanted to leave the room for a minute. That's what I do.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
That's something that's often fascinated me and I've never looked into.

Does the transmission just stop and then restart X minutes Z seconds behind schedule, and continue? If so, where does the deficit get made-up?

If it's possible to do such a thing for an entire day it might, just, be possible but I still find it infinately unlikely.

FaaipDeOiad

That's something that's often fascinated me and I've never looked into.

Does the transmission just stop and then restart X minutes Z seconds behind schedule, and continue? If so, where does the deficit get made-up?

If it's possible to do such a thing for an entire day it might, just, be possible but I still find it infinately unlikely.
I don't have TIVO myself so I can't comment there, but what I do have (Foxtel IQ) does precisely that. If you pause and then restart after 3 minutes, you'll simply be 3 minutes behind time. You can fast forward ahead immediately, or make up the gap by fastforwarding between overs or even between balls, which is what I usually do.

As far as doing it for an entire day is concerned, the pause feature is always available, so that's not an issue. I suppose you could only pause it for two days or so before it'd reset on you, though.

tooextracool

Ive actually watched every ball of the India- England series from 2001 twice. I watched it live and they've shown the replay of those games all the time on dd sports in india for 3 years. Of course that was when i had a lot of time on my hands, over the last few years ive failed to watch half of even the England games.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I'm fairly sure I watched every delivery of the 2005 Ashes. Missed a session or two of the Perth test this time around, and bits of Melbourne too.
I'm sure when I read through the 2005 thread you talk at one point about flicking onto the Cricket from AFL

FaaipDeOiad

I'm sure when I read through the 2005 thread you talk at one point about flicking onto the Cricket from AFL
Haha yeah, you're right actually. Worries me that you remember that better than I do, though.

Clashed with AFL finals time, and I would have missed half an hour or so to watch the end of the Sydney/Geelong prelim.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
LOL I have a great long-term memory, but always forget things I'm supposed to do

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Haha yeah, you're right actually. Worries me that you remember that better than I do, though.

Clashed with AFL finals time, and I would have missed half an hour or so to watch the end of the Sydney/Geelong prelim.
Semis.

[/pedantic mode]