• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pakistan vs Zimbabwe

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Zimbabwe are in the Super Six, it is not Mugabe's fault - the situation should have been sorted well before the Tournament, not 3 weeks before when Blair decided to stick his oar in.

Well done to them, and Good Luck in the SS.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
chris.hinton said:
Zimbabwe do not deserve it they got in effectlvly because of the Evil Dictaror
Utter rubbish and sour grapes.

England do not deserve to be there because they couldn't finish Australia off - and they got less points than Zimbabwe.

Anil

chris.hinton said:
Zimbabwe do not deserve it they got in effectlvly because of the Evil Dictaror
Hey, the evil dictator did not prohibit England from going into Zimbabwe and playing a cricket match there. It was the England team's decision and they should be prepared for the consequences. Five other teams played there without any fuss(ok Australia after some fuss, but they finally played) and reaped the benefits.

Last edited:

Legglancer

Absolutely .... England has no right to complain now. They cannot claim any sympathy after making the choice not to play in Zimbabwe.

Gotchya

broncoman said:
no need to be bitter because your ****ing retard team didnt make it. Zimbabwe deserve to be there and Pakistan dont. Every team there deserves to be and every team that missed out should be on the boat home.
Well, my reaction was more out of dissapointment and probably I was over it in five minutes after I posted that. However I would have loved to see you react if it were Australia in place of Pakistan.........

PS. If this is the best you can phrase a reply kindly keep it to yourself and not come up with provocative posts, I can reply just as well to you but I wont. You are not going to swear in my direction

Rich2001

Legglancer said:
Absolutely .... England has no right to complain now. They cannot claim any sympathy after making the choice not to play in Zimbabwe.
I feel this Zimbabawe saga has been used way to much as a cover up for our underachievement, I mean look at the others Sri Lanka lost to Kenya - That's one lost that was never expected, yet they still qualified, Had SA won last night... they would have lost to 2 of the big sides and still qualified... Pakistan lost to Australia, India AND England yet had they pull of the impossible they could have qualified as well, so alot of teams were in simalar of worse situations than England yet they pulled of what was needed on the field where it matters.

Ok the Zimbabwe saga (might not of helped).. But the failure to actually beat India or Australia on the field.. We could have easly lost that Zimbabwe match it's all IF's and BUT's, afterall our top 3 batsman had the worst avgerages in the England WC sqaud - Hussain 8, Knight 22/23, Trescothick 22/23 also. So if we had lost wickets early then they could have finished us off.

But where it counted "In Our Hands" we weren't good enough on the day to beat India or Australia, ok India they had the best of the conditions yes but they still needed to bowl in the right areas, and Australia were on the ropes and should have been bowled out, however on the day England adpoted the attitdue that Australia would get themself out and we don't have to get them out, and allowed Bichel inparticular way to many easy singles in the early stages of his inngs, and as they say the rest is history!

Gotchya

Rich2001 said:
I feel this Zimbabawe saga has been used way to much as a cover up for our underachievement, I mean look at the others Sri Lanka lost to Kenya - That's one lost that was never expected, yet they still qualified, Had SA won last night... they would have lost to 2 of the big sides and still qualified... Pakistan lost to Australia, India AND England yet had they pull of the impossible they could have qualified as well, so alot of teams were in simalar of worse situations than England yet they pulled of what was needed on the field where it matters.

Ok the Zimbabwe saga (might not of helped).. But the failure to actually beat India or Australia on the field.. We could have easly lost that Zimbabwe match it's all IF's and BUT's, afterall our top 3 batsman had the worst avgerages in the England WC sqaud - Hussain 8, Knight 22/23, Trescothick 22/23 also. So if we had lost wickets early then they could have finished us off.

But where it counted "In Our Hands" we weren't good enough on the day to beat India or Australia, ok India they had the best of the conditions yes but they still needed to bowl in the right areas, and Australia were on the ropes and should have been bowled out, however on the day England adpoted the attitdue that Australia would get themself out and we don't have to get them out, and allowed Bichel inparticular way to many easy singles in the early stages of his inngs, and as they say the rest is history!
Words of wisdom Rich, you are very right.

yohanna

Banned
broncoman said:
no need to be bitter because your ****ing retard team didnt make it. Zimbabwe deserve to be there and Pakistan dont. Every team there deserves to be and every team that missed out should be on the boat home.
Why exactly Zimbabwe deserved to be in super six?? I thought they were plain lucky, even Kenya had to beat one strong team to reach the super six stage. Zimbabwe on the other hands got 4 point coz England didn't played the match, and then the weather yesterday allowed Zimbabwe to get two additional point.

Pakistan certainly deserved an early exit, but i think England were unlucky. England played well in nearly all matches, they should have won against Australia, really was a touch and go.Had England and SA reached the super six stage, then the competition would have been much healthier!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
yohanna said:
Why exactly Zimbabwe deserved to be in super six??
Because they finished in the Top 3 - doesn't matter how, or why, it happened, that's the bottom line.