• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Players that are the most overated by CW posters.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
So, who do we hear a lot about from posters on here who generally are not worthy of the praise? Would be interested in hearing all suggestions.

archie mac

Lillee could not bowl on sub cont. wickets so he is overrated

Bradman could not bat on a sticky wickets so he is overrated

Warne was banned for popping a pill so he is overrated

Sobers can’t be a decent AR is bowling ave. Is too high so he is overrated

Richards was all show his ave. Is only in the low 50s so he is overrated

I could go on but someone may start to believe me:-O

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Was a lot of Afridi/Dhoni love going round at one point, seems to have subsided now but never understood it.

Sanz

Naseer Hussein, Michael Artherton, Alec Stewart, Darren Gough, Caddick and every other English cricketer that is considered better than the likes of Hayden, Gilchrist, Gillespies etc in their respective field.

Burgey

Tendulkar, easily. Far and away the most over rated player here. You'd think he farted incense the way people talk about him. I recall discussion on here where Sreesanth was criticized for daring to bowl to him in a domestic match and having the sheer gall to, brace yourselves, stare at the great man.

Sreesanth was rightly condemned by all of CW for being so uppity. Ain't but no one stares at Sachin.

He has dominated every bowler, everywhere. The only time McGrath got him out was due to a bad decision- the 99-00 series in Australia will forever be known as the "get Sachin" series - the umpires cheated to remove him cheaply. We won't talk about the 2001 "Get Gilchrist" series.

He has won every world cup and test match he played in, and has secured MOtM in all of them. There is a queue from Sydney to Mumbai waiting to have his babies. I, for one, am at the head of it. It's the only head I'll have for quite some time I imagine.

Sachin also has by far the best haircut of any cricketer, ever. He's taken so many odi wickets he's a better all rounder than Sobers, and dare I say it, may even be approaching Imran status.

You ask how I know this? statsguru told me. I'm only 17 or 18, but a glance at statsguru imbues me with the knowledge and ability to read a game of the great Richie Benaud who, to the extent that his views differ from mine, is plainly starstruck in holding Ray Lindwall and Keith Miller so highly. I, by contrast, am in no way star struck by Sachin, or indeed by any one else. It's just coincidence that I think the 90s is the greatest decade of cricket ever, and I happened to grow up in that very decade.

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Tendulkar, easily. Far and away the most over rated player here. You'd think he farted incense the way people talk about him. I recall discussion on here where Sreesanth was criticized for daring to bowl to him in a domestic match and having the sheer gall to, brace yourselves, stare at the great man.

Sreesanth was rightly condemned by all of CW for being so uppity. Ain't but no one stares at Sachin.

He has dominated every bowler, everywhere. The only time McGrath got him out was due to a bad decision- the 99-00 series in Australia will forever be known as the "get Sachin" series- the umpires cheated to remove him cheaply. We won't talk about the 2001 "Get Gilchrist" series.

He has won every world cup and test match he played in, and has secured MOtM in all of them there is a queue from Sydney to Mumbai waiting to have his babies. I, for one, am at the head of it it's the only head I'll have for quite some time I imagine.

Sachin also has by far the best haircut of any cricketer, ever. He's taken so many odi wickets he's a better all rounder than Sobers, and dare I say it, may even be approaching Imran status.

You ask how I know this? statsguru told me. I'm only 17 or 18, but a glance at statsguru I'm yes me with the knowledge and ability to read a game of Richie Benaud who, to the extent that his views differ from mine, is plainly starstruck in holding Ray Lindeall and Keith Miller so highly. I, by contrast, am in no way star struck by Sachin, or indeed by any one else. It's just coincidence that I think the 90s is the greatest decade of cricket ever, and I happened to grow up in that very decade.
:laugh:

Burgey

Naseer Hussein, Michael Artherton, Alec Stewart, Darren Gough, Caddick and every other English cricketer that is considered better than the likes of Hayden, Gilchrist, Gillespies etc in their respective field.
This.

fredfertang

That's two threads in two days that Burgey has dealt with in one erudite post

Bloke's on fire - must be psyching himself up for that meander through Martin's place

PhoenixFire

If by most posters, you mean just Richard, then yeah I agree.

Howe_zat

I gather I haven't been here for long, but, really? Who says that?

mrcheek

Most over-rated is Imran Khan.

A great player, but some people here seem to think he was some kind of God. Ive been here about a week, and already Ive learned its a bad move to criticise Imran. Even if there were 20 pace bowlers way better than him.....

dhillon28

well i always used to think that ponting was over rated but then his later career performances clearly took care of that.

Top_Cat

He has dominated every bowler, everywhere. The only time McGrath got him out was due to a bad decision- the 99-00 series in Australia will forever be known as the "get Sachin" series - the umpires cheated to remove him cheaply. We won't talk about the 2001 "Get Gilchrist" series.

He has won every world cup and test match he played in, and has secured MOtM in all of them. There is a queue from Sydney to Mumbai waiting to have his babies. I, for one, am at the head of it. It's the only head I'll have for quite some time I imagine.

You ask how I know this? statsguru told me. I'm only 17 or 18, but a glance at statsguru imbues me with the knowledge and ability to read a game of the great Richie Benaud who, to the extent that his views differ from mine, is plainly starstruck in holding Ray Lindwall and Keith Miller so highly. I, by contrast, am in no way star struck by Sachin, or indeed by any one else. It's just coincidence that I think the 90s is the greatest decade of cricket ever, and I happened to grow up in that very decade.
haha, fantastic. The last paragraph takes it to 11.

robelinda

Cricketers are just cricketers, just people. To overrate any of them is just idiotic. They play a sport.

I dont even know why i'm bothering to say this, but IMO no player except Bradman was so far ahead of every other player in the game when he played, the rest including Sobers, Richards, Imran, Sachin etc were/are all great players but none of them were almost twice as good as the opposition. I'm no Bradman fanboy by any means, I personally detest the man and his attitude, love reading Bradman hate books over the years, love Chappelli's rants about him in the 70's, classic stuff, so much hate.

Burgey

Cricketers are just cricketers, just people. To overrate any of them is just idiotic. They play a sport.

I dont even know why i'm bothering to say this, but IMO no player except Bradman was so far ahead of every other player in the game when he played, the rest including Sobers, Richards, Imran, Sachin etc were/are all great players but none of them were almost twice as good as the opposition. I'm no Bradman fanboy by any means, I personally detest the man and his attitude, love reading Bradman hate books over the years, love Chappelli's rants about him in the 70's, classic stuff, so much hate.
Hater.