• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Poker

pasag

RTDAS
Stopped playing online for money when i was playing and omaha tournament, 10 left, top 8 get paid, i was holding KKxx flop was KdKx i went all in turn and river showed Ad Qd the guy that called me had Jd10d in his hand. I cried.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

pasag

RTDAS
Not sure why you deleted the thread with 20+ posts and started a new one. Anyways, merged and moved to OT.

open365

My pokerstars username is SSDas if you happen to be on the tables at the same time don't be afraid to join.

Usualy can find me playing $10 SNGs and $.010/$.25 cash games most hours of the day.

open365

OK this thread is for poker lovers on the forum talk anything poker related on this thread. a few tip that I have picked up down there chips if they put it hard and aggressively mostly it means they have a bad hand. Secondly don't rely on pocket pairs to win you a match if you see you've been dealt a pocket act naturally so some players stay in (And don't think you've got a definite win on you) thirdly body language tells a lot about play analyse each player before going in big. fourthly tell people what you have I do this all the time I might have a 9 of hearts and ten of hearts and the flop shows three hearts I tell people what I have which makes them think I'm lying and play me. Don't do this too often though. Fifthly folding is ninety percent of your game particularly when there are a lot of players still on the table. There is noway you can bluff every single round or win every round. If you dont want these tips fine, I wouldn't take tips from a player in learning who has only ever played with two pees ( When I was only playing for play money) against his brothers dad and uncle.
That's the worse tactic ever, play your own game and let your opponents worry about there's, not only is it bad play it's bad ettiquette to boot.

The advise about pocket pairs is right, they're one of a begginers biggest downfalls.

With a pocket pair, you'll only hit a set on the flop 1/10 times. With a small pocket pair (7s or lower) you will probably only win a showdown in you make trips, it is very unlikely that there won't be any overcards on the board and if there is such a case someone has probably made trips or a straight themselves.

7s or lower imo are where begginers loose a big % of their chips.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Anything below QQ and you are asking to get owned.

Poker pairs outside of AA and KK are, frankly, not very good. Especially not at low limits which most people on this board would play at. Since there are 3-5 people in every hand, and the chances of someone beating that is very high, you will get beat more times than not.

In the long run, you will make more money with AA than any other hand. In the long run, you might lose more money with KK and QQ than any other hand too, at low limits at least. Overplaying pocket pairs is the first mistake people need to weed out.

open365

You're too ****ing right, playing JJ on a low limit table is futile, just had to fold to a person who made runner runner straight after calling my raise with K7.

Jamee999

For UK + Ireland Players:

8pm British Time on PokerStars (go to Tourney > Freeroll when you're in the programme) there is a $100 freeroll.

Good to play - nice way to win some cash. I'm Jamee999 on PokerStars, btw :p

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Registered.

Looks like there's separate software to download for play money & real money games, as I've just discovered. :ph34r: