• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Poker

cover drive man

OK this thread is for poker lovers on the forum talk anything poker related on this thread. a few tip that I have picked up down there chips if they put it hard and aggressively mostly it means they have a bad hand. Secondly don't rely on pocket pairs to win you a match if you see you've been dealt a pocket act naturally so some players stay in (And don't think you've got a definite win on you) thirdly body language tells a lot about play analyse each player before going in big. fourthly tell people what you have I do this all the time I might have a 9 of hearts and ten of hearts and the flop shows three hearts I tell people what I have which makes them think I'm lying and play me. Don't do this too often though. Fifthly folding is ninety percent of your game particularly when there are a lot of players still on the table. There is noway you can bluff every single round or win every round. If you dont want these tips fine, I wouldn't take tips from a player in learning who has only ever played with two pees ( When I was only playing for play money) against his brothers dad and uncle.

Jamee999

I don't play "real" poker, I only play on PokerStars - so I may not be much use here:

1 - Yes, but if they know that they can double bluff you - putting chips in hard with a big hand.
2 - Small pocket pairs are VERY dangerous unless you make the set. High pocket pairs (say 10 or above) are good as long as you don't get hit by the monster of 2 pair vs trips.
3 - Body language is good as well as betting patterns. You can't get away from betting patterns - making the bet is part of poker.
4 - Don't like doing that. Not how I play.
5 - Agreed. Getting out of hands is important.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Actually playing a sit and go on PokerStars now as it goes.

Down to last 12 out of 45 starters, but am 12th on chips so need to double up badly.

EDIT: it worked! Up to 6/11 now.

Last edited:

cover drive man

I don't play "real" poker, I only play on PokerStars - so I may not be much use here:

1 - Yes, but if they know that they can double bluff you - putting chips in hard with a big hand.
A lot of the time though when I detect someone doing a straterdgy or bluff I say what there doing to them it helps a lot.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
They fill up really quickly tho, so chances of getting in same one are slim.

I'd be up for a game tho. :)

EDIT: I finished 8th in last one btw.

Jamee999

There's a UK + Ireland freeroll ($100 spread between all the cashees) at 8pm British Time every night - very nice way to make some (well a small amount of) cash for no buy-in.

Tom Halsey

Yeah, I'm up fora Play Money SNG.

EDIT: Also up for a cash game, however if it's Play Money I'd rather Limit as there's less ridiculous all-ins.

Last edited:

Bobisback

fourthly tell people what you have I do this all the time I might have a 9 of hearts and ten of hearts and the flop shows three hearts I tell people what I have which makes them think I'm lying and play me.
Be careful doing that, in some places, well most places, announcing your hand is counted as a muck, and you lose the hand. Got called up on it, i had aces, told everyone, and they all raised and what not. When i showed the aces, they called over the tournament director and he said next time my hand will be folded and id lose all chips in the pot.

What's poker doing here? It isn't a sport. It's a card game.
Get ****ed.

I play poker, APL, 3 nights a week. Do alright, but the quick blinds and loose players dont suit my playing style. Stopped playing online for money when i was playing and omaha tournament, 10 left, top 8 get paid, i was holding KKxx flop was KdKx i went all in turn and river showed Ad Qd the guy that called me had Jd10d in his hand. I cried.

I will be up for some freeroll sit'n'go's if anyone wants to arrange some.

Matteh

I reckon i could play bowls in a pub. Granted the floor wouldn't be of the same material, and i'd have to tell people to move for awhile, but i could do it.