• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Political shitfighting that spills over into other subforums (moved posts)

Burgey

Okay, breaking character for a moment to make an apology.

I am surprised the original comment is drawing the ire it is, since I generally know when I'm toeing the line and barely gave that post a second thought. I thought it was too over the top to be taken seriously given it runs completely opposite to my posts on covid management elsewhere. Once Tom Flint showed up my eyes lit up since he is not known for his sense of humour.

However I guess it's pretty clear here my 'laugh at it' approach to terrible circumstances outside my control wasn't delivered well here and I apologise for all offence caused, because intent does not trivialise harm.

As an olive branch, and to show I'm not just apologising like a politician, I will change my location to "England won the 2019 Cricket World Cup" for one week starting now. I hasten to express this is not true, but I will do it for the greater good.

I will see you, fully in character, in other threads. I have a forum to ruin and a Cities Skylines to fix.
What a spineless capitulation. Nothing wrong at all with what you said ffs. Stand by it

Burgey

Burgeys taking losing in the BOTM to GIMH today really badly
Had 50 on it so I'm a mile in front tbh. Also means I can go back to expressing my true thoughts on SC cricketers and cricket.

So, obviously disappointed not to go through and win a [checks notes] third title, but there's always next year. Given recent developments, by that time you'll probably be more worried by <deleted by CCP> than <deleted by Dan>

Flem274*

123/5
What a spineless capitulation. Nothing wrong at all with what you said ffs. Stand by it
haha, adders and stephen swung it tbh. adders probably has the biggest heart on the forum, so i felt bad i ticked him off.

needless to say the english question will continue to be discussed in the james anderson averages 35 thread.

Adders

Lol what made you think I was ticked off? I was just amazed you'd climb into that hole with the BOTM semi approaching. Its secured me Flint and Neptune's votes for sure.

Tom Flint

Tragedy is when I cut my finger, comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die.

Tom lacks perspective and insight on a lot things tbh. This kind of response is to be expected.

It's all the fault of your own people for voting the muppets into power anyway. Same with the Yanks. Who'd have thought a brain dead buffoon who spends his time tripping over his dick isn't a good choice to lead in a crisis? FMD you lot haven't got the balls to even count people dying of it in nursing homes. The UK is not in a position to lecture anyone on morality arising out of the pandemic. A woeful response from a pitiful nation.
So by that logic do you blame the jews living in Germany because the majority of the population voted in hitler?

Tom Flint

And you do realise that a high percentage of people dying are black and south asain? Not exactly Tories are they

stephen

Yeah poor logic by Burgey, who is currently living in a country run by Tories which has largely dodged the bullet.

Shady Slim

So by that logic do you blame the jews living in Germany because the majority of the population voted in hitler?
don't want to well actually you but the majority of the german people didn't vote in hitler unless you consider 43.91% a majority, which you shouldn't, because it's not

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/March_1933_German_federal_election

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
don't want to well actually you but the majority of the german people didn't vote in hitler unless you consider 43.91% a majority, which you shouldn't, because it's not

Not far off the % that voted Boris and Co in tbf

Nonsense from Burgey anyway. I have a lot of time for the view presented by uppercut that how another government (ie a corbyn one) would have handled it is irrelevant. But when you're reading such drivel like Burgey's it's tempting to bite. But i won't

Spark

Global Moderator
Not far off the % that voted Boris and Co in tbf

Nonsense from Burgey anyway. I have a lot of time for the view presented by uppercut that how another government (ie a corbyn one) would have handled it is irrelevant. But when you're reading such drivel like Burgey's it's tempting to bite. But i won't
Also tbf it’s not like Boris had literal armed paramilitary gangs roaming the streets beating up any Labour supporters or any Labour-associated (or even Labor-supporting) property.

But having also said that Tom Flint’s comparison is completely absurd and a classic Godwin

Spark

Global Moderator

And more to the point Jews did not, in fact, control Weimar German politics nor did they have any actual political influence by 1933 and so comparing the choices of the electorate as a whole in a free and fair election to the Nazis being in power by 1933 as somehow the “choice” of German Jews is asinine

Athlai

Not Terrible
haha, adders and stephen swung it tbh. adders probably has the biggest heart on the forum, so i felt bad i ticked him off.

needless to say the english question will continue to be discussed in the james anderson averages 35 thread.
Adders may have the biggest heart, but I've got the highest blood pressure. Carry on with your flout I say

Shady Slim

Not far off the % that voted Boris and Co in tbt
i’ll wait for another thread where it’s more pertinent to go toe to toe with you on the fact that i think voting should be mandatory and ranked choice, given i am sure you disagree with the former notion - but because that’s a genuinely good debate topic and reasonable minds can differ on it i think the jimmy anderson sucks and the jews helped elect hitler thread is not the thread to have any reasonable man’s discussion in tbh

Burgey

I absolutely blame people who voted for him. Why wouldn’t I?

The Poms are reaping what they speed in electing Johnson. We dodged a bullet here. It’s that simple