• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pool B - Australia, Canada, Fiji, Japan, Wales

Johnners

Anyone mind explaining why Sharpe was carded (have no idea, but i assume it was something to do with him not rolling away or something?)

EDIT: Good win that, although our 2nd half was fairly scrappy and we'll definitely need to improve that as we approach the Quarters.

Last edited:

Jamee999

Anyone mind explaining why Sharpe was carded (have no idea, but i assume it was something to do with him not rolling away or something?)

EDIT: Good win that, although our 2nd half was fairly scrappy and we'll definitely need to improve that as we approach the Quarters.
He was sitting on the player with the ball so that the ball couldn't be placed, and thus Wales couldn't play the ball.

PhoenixFire

That Barnes (?) bloke for Australia looks like a really good prospect, he looked like an awesome runner, and when he gets a bit stronger and older he could be a great player.

Last edited:

Matteh

Ha. The dullard compounds his error by not carding Latham for taking out Williams off the ball. Two wrongs now making a right, clearly.
The thing is, after not penalising Thomas he couldn't then penalise Latham for the same thing, so they cancelled each other out before the Drew Mitchell/Nathan Something yellows.

Have to say Mortlock's challenge on Thomas was the highlight of the match for mine. Was basically a bigger guy starting on a smaller guy in a pub, only the smaller guy has a big mate who then does the retribution.

PhoenixFire

Haha yeah loved that, Gareth Thomas is just a thug tbh, a cynical piece of work on Barnes I think it was. I always loved watching Welsh and SAfrican people getting smashed.

Last edited:

vogue

Not a bad first half from Japan...Wales try just before end of first half

Wales lead 29-11

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Surprisingly tight first half. Well, ish; it's 22-5 & I'd expect Oz to pull away from the Fijian second-string after the break.

Really not happy about this idea of teams sticking out their "B" teams against the best teams in the group (like Fiji & Scotland are doing today) to target games down the line, I have to say.

Johnners

hmmmmm, shocking first 30 minutes from Australia really. Sure they scored a try, but everything else they did was a mess. Lacked structure, Gregan was dire with shocking delivery to Barnes, and the rolling maul setup just wasn't working. That last 10 minutes was better but i don't think Connolly will be at all happy, especially letting in the try in the dying moments of the half.

Hopefully their 2nd 40 is a vast improvement.

amokk1

I thought Australia played really well. Their Forwards have dramatically improved since last year. I think the real challenge for the Australians will be against South Africa/All Blacks if they make it that far. Canada will just be a formality.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Great effort from Japan so far. Leading yer Canadians by 5-0 after half-an-hour. Good value for it too; 'twas a lovely try from their 14. Went thru the Canadian 5/8th's tackle & then stood up his opposite number and beat him on the outside.