• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

QF4: Russia v Croatia

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Watching it at a soccer bar and all the English fans are rooting for Russia. Almost regret that I rooted for England earlier. Almost. I do like this England team. But literally every non Russian should root against Russia.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Watching it at a soccer bar and all the English fans are rooting for Russia. Almost regret that I rooted for England earlier. Almost. I do like this England team. But literally every non Russian should root against Russia.
Probably because they think we’ve a better chance against Russia. Not convinced personally mind you

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I made the mistake of using that same logic and rooted for Trump during the republican primaries. Didn’t work out for me either.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Probably because they think we’ve a better chance against Russia. Not convinced personally mind you
I think Croatia are a better team than Russia, but I also sure as **** would rather not face the host nation in a World Cup semi final.

vcs

Russia would certainly be the preferable option. If they pull off two upsets in a row, the semifinals will almost certainly be a bridge too far. It would be similar to the England-Sweden game IMO.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Can a mod please replace ‘QF4’ with ‘Third Place Play-off Qualifier’ in the thread title please

Howe_zat

The fact that this game is close, and not a walkover for Croatia, is enough to make 538 bump up England's chance of winning aws.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Got to feel that this favours France or Belgium. They already have a slight advantage in having a day longer to recover, but their likely opponents will also have played more minutes.

Burgey

It’ll be the hill England fans die on if they lose to Croatia in a shootout.

How good was Russia’s first goal today? Brilliant stuff.