• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Royal Samplers

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
There's another Mehedi?

Haha this time it was Miraz.....the one that's actually in the Test side.
I think zorax asked me that because when Miraz was first picked I actually thought it was the other Mehedi Hasan (Miraz had actually been referred to as Miraz where I knew him from - Under 19 WC) and went on a huge rant about how it was a dire selection, only for it to not only be a completely different player but for him to have a great game.

tldr he was trolling me

morgieb

I think zorax asked me that because when Miraz was first picked I actually thought it was the other Mehedi Hasan (Miraz had actually been referred to as Miraz where I knew him from - Under 19 WC) and went on a huge rant about how it was a dire selection, only for it to not only be a completely different player but for him to have a great game.

tldr he was trolling me
At least the other Sarfraz Ahmed was a good player. Though with Pakistani domestics you can never really tell.

morgieb

1. Kraigg Brathwaite
2. KL Rahul
3. Kusal Mendis
4. Joe Root *
5. Dinesh Chandimal +
6. Shaun Marsh
7. Wiaan Mulder
8. Mehedi Hasan
9. Tim Southee
10. Kyle Abbott
11. Stuart Broad

12. Thenuis de Bruyn

morgieb

1. Kraigg Brathwaite
2. KL Rahul
3. Kusal Mendis
4. Joe Root *
5. Dinesh Chandimal +
6. Shaun Marsh
7. Wiaan Mulder
8. Mehedi Hasan
9. Tim Southee
10. Kyle Abbott
11. Stuart Broad

12. Theunis de Bruyn
13. Brendan Taylor
14. Kyle Jarvis

Last edited:

morgieb

Hugely surprised that Jarvis lasted until R14. Definitely deserved to go a lot earlier than that I think. Probably a case of his quality being tricky to quantify? (But his county stats were fine so....)

Taylor probably more of a biased call at this point admittedly.

Dan

Global Moderator
Hugely surprised that Jarvis lasted until R14. Definitely deserved to go a lot earlier than that I think. Probably a case of his quality being tricky to quantify? (But his county stats were fine so....)

Taylor probably more of a biased call at this point admittedly.
Yeah, was very much considering Jarvis. Decent record that doesn't degrade too much vs top sides, fairly decent County stats. Surprised you took him over some of the other remaining options tbh.

morgieb

1. Kraigg Brathwaite
2. KL Rahul
3. Kusal Mendis
4. Joe Root *
5. Dinesh Chandimal +
6. Shaun Marsh
7. Wiaan Mulder
8. Mehedi Hasan
9. Tim Southee
10. Kyle Abbott
11. Stuart Broad

12. Theunis de Bruyn
13. Brendan Taylor
14. Nikita Miller
15. Matt Henry
16. Kyle Jarvis

Feeling pretty good about that squad, personally.