• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rugby world cup fever

Somerset

What plan? It's undeniable fact - The All Blacks are unbeatable and have already won the cup.

:ph34r:
Exactly, and as far as I'm concerned theres no need for Australia and South Africa to even travel down here to play out the formalities of losing on New Zealand soil... :ph34r:

ripper868

I'll drink a litre of goon for every point Russia scores in the World Cup.
Will hold you to this ****.

Its all your backline - i have never seen such a potent aussie backline. Although I was overseas for many years. Digby in particular must be the best wing in the game at the moment. As effective as Campo.
Beale is the best fullback -

I think your hooker got through some good work around the ruck area as well.

If Aussie had a kicker even you would be conceeding they are odds on to take it ( In your own mind not the TABs)

I think the Giteau non selection if he did kick at 75% in the super 15 could hurt in the long run. But Somers makes good points that if he lost some test matches, and he did look bad, then he has blown his chances. It was like he got the yips.
Nah, our backline is rank and in turmoil after that whole scuffle in Paris 12 months ago - that's destroyed any semblance of unity our team ever had, and along with it any chance of winning the cup. Our forwards are complete powder-puffs. None of them are dangerous runners or effective in tight, Horwill is terrible as captain and Samo and Vickerman are just to old to make any impact anywhere. Have no idea why McCabe and Faingaa are ther ein the centres - there attack is dismal - we need show ponies who can't tackle in these key midfield positions.

Gits was the only hope we ever had of winning this thing - his non selection has doomed us. Especially given his outstanding Super Rugby form.

_Ed_

Can't believe it's less than 24 hours away now. Been looking forward to this for so long.

I finish work half an hour before the opening ceremony starts. I'm going to be running about as fast as my legs can carry me.

Somerset

Can't believe it's less than 24 hours away now. Been looking forward to this for so long.

I finish work half an hour before the opening ceremony starts. I'm going to be running about as fast as my legs can carry me.
Same here, really excited about it! For me anyway this is the biggest event New Zealand has hosted, probably since the America's Cup almost ten years ago. I'll be at the Viaduct for all the entertainment and to see the match on one of the big screens, although I'll be getting there a bit earlier than you Ed!