• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rugby world cup fever

_Ed_

The cheapest available is $225, for a pretty decent seat on the second level of the East Stand. I decided it was worth that for what should be an unforgettable experience. I'll never have the chance to be in a crowd that big at Eden Park again after the tournament.

I might look at some North Harbour Stadium ones too, although oddly enough it's harder for me to get to than Eden Park is, even though I live on the North Shore.

Somerset

The cheapest available is $225, for a pretty decent seat on the second level of the East Stand. I decided it was worth that for what should be an unforgettable experience. I'll never have the chance to be in a crowd that big at Eden Park again after the tournament.

I might look at some North Harbour Stadium ones too, although oddly enough it's harder for me to get to than Eden Park is, even though I live on the North Shore.
That price is a bit outside of my budget, although I don't dispute its value for the experience of attending the match - I'm sure you'll find it well worth it. I would imagine some of the games at North Harbour (with the exception of South Africa vs Samoa) might even have tickets remaining on the day; I don't think demand has been particularly good so far for the games at Harbour involving Japan and Namibia in particular.

Hurricane

Much to Ripper's chagrin - Wallabies likely to not slip under the radar now and possibly are now favourites although the fact the games are in NZ will count for something. Will be glued to the TV for the games.

I do think the Wallabies kicking game is going to hurt them - otherwise I would make them my favourite.

Somerset

I disagree, I think theres no way Australia will be favourites; their odds will certainly reduce but the gap between the ABs and Wallabies, at least in the bookies' eyes, will still be considerable. I'm honestly not all that concerned by the matches over the past two weeks, and am somewhat glad to get those matches out of the system before the RWC begins.

James

Cricket Web Owner
I reckon England are dark horses for this World Cup. A strong forward back with a fantastic goal kicker.

Obviously hoping NZ take it out, but I think South Africa will make it back to back victories.

Somerset

NZ still massive favs.

NZ 13/20 (1.65)
Oz 9/2 (5.5)
SA 42/5 (9.4)
England 18/1 (19)
France 20/1 (21)
Ireland 34/1 (35)
Wales 99/1 (100)
As way of comparison, the NZ TAB had the All Blacks at $1.55 and Australia at $5.00 to win the RWC before the match tonight - those odds are now at $1.57 and $4.50, respectively. So thats as I expected, the Wallabies' odds decreasing but still a massive gap.

Hurricane

OK so we are the favs still. Why were the odds not impacted more by the result. Because we are at home and we won so convincingly at Eden park not long ago?

Last year's tri nations and end of year tours should not count for much...

ripper868

Much to Ripper's chagrin - Wallabies likely to not slip under the radar now and possibly are now favourites although the fact the games are in NZ will count for something. Will be glued to the TV for the games.

I do think the Wallabies kicking game is going to hurt them - otherwise I would make them my favourite.
I disagree, I think theres no way Australia will be favourites; their odds will certainly reduce but the gap between the ABs and Wallabies, at least in the bookies' eyes, will still be considerable. I'm honestly not all that concerned by the matches over the past two weeks, and am somewhat glad to get those matches out of the system before the RWC begins.
Agree with Somers, there is no way in hell the Wallabies are favourites - last night was just a mere blip on the radar. AB's will not be ebaten on there own turf, especially when the final is at Eden Park. Put your house and national economy on the All Blacks to win it.

centurymaker

NZ still massive favs.

NZ 13/20 (1.65)
Oz 9/2 (5.5)
SA 42/5 (9.4)
England 18/1 (19)
France 20/1 (21)
Ireland 34/1 (35)
Wales 99/1 (100)
wow
this despite the fact that we played our full line-up yesterday and lost
and we always seem to choke when the pressure is at highest (like in world cups finals). carter's kicks start going off target by a quite a long way...
but hopefully things won't go wrong this time around.

ripper868

James, like all good Kiwis, supports everything New Zealand except it's economy by living in Australia.

Howe_zat

Agree with Somers, there is no way in hell the Wallabies are favourites - last night was just a mere blip on the radar. AB's will not be ebaten on there own turf, especially when the final is at Eden Park. Put your house and national economy on the All Blacks to win it.
Is this all part of the plan?

Hurricane

What plan? It's undeniable fact - The All Blacks are unbeatable and have already won the cup.

:ph34r:
Its all your backline - i have never seen such a potent aussie backline. Although I was overseas for many years. Digby in particular must be the best wing in the game at the moment. As effective as Campo.
Beale is the best fullback -

I think your hooker got through some good work around the ruck area as well.

If Aussie had a kicker even you would be conceeding they are odds on to take it ( In your own mind not the TABs)

I think the Giteau non selection if he did kick at 75% in the super 15 could hurt in the long run. But Somers makes good points that if he lost some test matches, and he did look bad, then he has blown his chances. It was like he got the yips.