• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Schedule Released.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Preliminaries:
Oct 7: Sri Lanka v Bangladesh, Mohali
Oct 8: West Indies v Zimbabwe, Ahmedabad
Oct 10: Sri Lanka v Zimbabwe, Ahmedabad
Oct 11: West Indies v Bangladesh, Jaipur
Oct 13: Bangladesh v Zimbabwe, Jaipur
Oct 14: Sri Lanka v West Indies, Mumbai

Group stage:
Oct 15: India v England, Jaipur
Oct 16: New Zealand v South Africa, Mumbai
Oct 17: Pakistan v Qualifier 1, Jaipur
Oct 18: Australia v Qualifier 2, Mumbai
Oct 20: New Zealand v Q1, Mumbai
Oct 21: Australia v England, Jaipur
Oct 24: South Africa v Q1, Ahmedabad
Oct 25: New Zealand v Pakistan, Mohali
Oct 26: India v Q2, Ahmedabad
Oct 27: Pakistan v South Africa, Mohali
Oct 28: England v Q2, Ahmedabad
Oct 29: India v Australia, Mohali
Nov 1: 1st Semifinal - A1 v B2, Mohali
Nov 2: 2nd Semifinal - B1 v A2, Jaipur
Nov 5: Final, Mumbai

Sanz

Well, thats what I thought, but then I looked into ICC Ranking as of 26th April, I saw SriLanka Ranked 6th, England 7th and WI 8th. May be they are using some other raking I dont know of.

Anyways, I dont really care, I personally think that SL, WI are capable of beating any team on their day and I am sure they will make it to the group stage.

Swervy

I cant beleive the tournament is basically a month long...its just a great waste of time as far as I am concerned

Mr Mxyzptlk

The defending champions have to qualify...
Such a shame that West Indies cricket has been so pathetic since the 2004 CT.

sirjeremy11

Mr Mxyzptlk said:
The defending champions have to qualify...
Such a shame that West Indies cricket has been so pathetic since the 2004 CT.
Hope Lara can get something out of your boys in the next couple of years. TBH, I think having a good WI team at the next World Cup is very important.

Mr Mxyzptlk

sirjeremy11 said:
Hope Lara can get something out of your boys in the next couple of years. TBH, I think having a good WI team at the next World Cup is very important.
I don't see Lara getting much more from them than a better leader would. Stop-gap measures annoy me. The WICB needs some greater male fortitude.

aussie

Swervy said:
I cant beleive the tournament is basically a month long...its just a great waste of time as far as I am concerned
well not to me, i think that the fact that they are trying to expand the tournament & limit it to the top 8 nations in the world is pretty good idea.

Swervy

aussie said:
well not to me, i think that the fact that they are trying to expand the tournament & limit it to the top 8 nations in the world is pretty good idea.
4 months before the World Cup!!!!

Is it really worth it, when you bare in mind the Football World Cup last one month as well

aussie

Swervy said:
4 months before the World Cup!!!!

Is it really worth it, when you bare in mind the Football World Cup last one month as well
well at least in the future if the schedule it at a better time of the year (mainly the year before World Cups since they are 2 between each tournament) competition should be good even if its one month.

adharcric

honestbharani said:
All games would be day and night by the way. Good news for moi.
... and bad news for someone like me, does that mean a noon start time?
guess i'll be pulling off a few more all-nighters for this, great!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
honestbharani said:
All games would be day and night by the way. Good news for moi.
And for anyone in England who cares about it.

So that one bloke in the village of Weedon will be pleased...

honestbharani

lol. sorry about the all nighters, adharcric. I am hoping to pull off a few during the Indian tour of Windies. The stuff we have to give up to watch cricket, it's crazy, isn't it?

Craig

World Traveller
marc71178 said:
And for anyone in England who cares about it.

So that one bloke in the village of Weedon will be pleased...
So if England won you will treat it like any other series or Natwest Series win?