• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Season 2 discussion

morgieb

I want to see how much manager turnover we get. If a heap of new people are joining then I'd go for a straight redraft.
Managers on CPL were allowed to retain 5/13 of their players despite like 9 new players joining...

Marcuss

Yeah, obviously you're entitled to retain 0 if you want. Should at least be an option though.

Marcuss

Now just need Spark to pass judgement on retentions (and the number of) then we can sort those; then sort new admissions and then finally the new draft order.

Noble One

With the timing of trial matches undetermined, anyone want to make some predictions for CWPL 2?

Leading run-scorer: Kumar Sangakkara
Dominated CWPL 1 and despite recent poor form should dominate again.

Leading wicket-taker: Vernon Philander
Statistically unmatched. One of the best in CWPL 1, and that was without a Test record to support him.

Winner: Funky Town Monkey Pimps
Kallis, Philander, Hasan and Harris are A grade. The support squad is full of class too.

Wooden spoon: Pouncing Kittens
I love this team, filled with some of my favourites. However I cannot find 20 wickets out of Johnson, Magoffin, Maxwell, O'Keefe, Pathan, Starc, Coulter-Nile and Pushpakumara.

Howe_zat

Most runs: Shiv Chanderpaul. Bit of a punt but I genuinely think he's been the best bat in the world over the last year.

Most wickets: Stuart Broad. Tricky to call because you've got to consider who'll be great and won't have to compete for wickets. Broad's year has been tremendous, and Vimes' attack will be heavily reliant on him and Hilfy with the new ball.

Winners: The Brudenell Social Club Pub Quiz Team. Natch.

Wooden Spoon - The Globo-Gym Cobras. Joke team.

Last edited:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Most wickets: Stuart Broad. Tricky to call because you've got to consider who'll be great and won't have to compete for wickets. Broad's year has been tremendous, and Vimes' attack will be heavily reliant on him and Morkel with the new ball.
Hilfenhaus. Morgie has Morkel. (And sod-all else imo, unless Mendis and Gul find their 2008-form.)

Not in a position to judge much, but think the Furballs should be solid again.

Eds

Leading run-scorer: AB De Villiers
Will keep poorly, but with the bat will be ridiculous.

Leading wicket-taker: Dale Steyn
Cos.

Knows the simming averages, dirty cheat etc etc.

Wooden spoon:
Squirts.
Howe's side far too inconsistent to lose numerous games on the trot.

morgieb

Most runs: Ian Bell (because I'm biased)
Most wickets: Dale Steyn (a gun, and without that much of an attack behind him)
Winner: Markarse's ****s
Losers: Phelgm's ****s

Johnners

Leading run-scorer: Michael Clarke
Outstanding recent form, will be a close run thing with Sanga though.

For obvious reasons. Assuming we're able to tailor home pitches, can also see Swann taking hatfuls at home.

Comfortably the strongest squad. Fingers crossed Kallis flunks again tho (nothing against Marcuss, just because Kallis is a ****)

Wooden spoon: Squirts
Do not rate

Johnners

With the timing of trial matches undetermined, anyone want to make some predictions for CWPL 2?

Leading run-scorer: Kumar Sangakkara
Dominated CWPL 1 and despite recent poor form should dominate again.

Statistically unmatched. One of the best in CWPL 1, and that was without a Test record to support him.

Kallis, Philander, Hasan and Harris are A grade. The support squad is full of class too.

Wooden spoon: Pouncing Kittens
I love this team, filled with some of my favourites. However I cannot find 20 wickets out of Johnson, Magoffin, Maxwell, O'Keefe, Pathan, Starc, Coulter-Nile and Pushpakumara.
You forgot van Zyl!

Definitely think there are 2 or 3 attacks worse than mine though.

Johnners

Haha, it was the deciding factor when picking between he & Zander de Bruyn :p (was a tough choice, as Zander is awesome in it's own right imo)

Noble One

Pushpakamura. The Sri Lankan side of the mid 90's was full of such awesome names.

Hathurusingha, Jayasuriya, Wickramasinghe, Dharmasena, Tillakaratne, Gurusinha, Ranatunga, Kaluwitharana and Pushpakumara himself.

Cevno

Leading run-scorer: Shivnarine Chanderpaul.
More confident about him this time than Sanga.

Leading wicket-taker: Dale Steyn.
Well, he is the best. If not him, then Philander.

The best team + best squad probably too.

Wooden spoon: The Shakespearean Animals CC
Like the team, so hopefully they don't though.