• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Semi final 1: Brazil vs Germany

social

Brazil's defence might have been bad but their mid-field was worse as their was zero assistance to guys under pressure at the back

Seemed like a perfect storm to me

Very good team vs average team hampered by poor selection and with a number of those losing the plot and/or showing little commitment once they went behind

flibbertyjibber

Very good team vs average team hampered by poor selection and with a number of those losing the plot and/or showing little commitment once they went behind
David Luiz was shocking. The attitude of him after they went behind was terrible. I'd never want him in my national team again if I was Brazilian.

grecian

Why is everyone feeling sorry for Brazil and Brazillians. They've won enough, can't be arsed to care much myself.

People forgetting the main point, that it was ****ing hilarious.

wpdavid

Hopefully the excellence of the Germans won't be lost in the discussion of just how bad Brazil were. They really were terrific, and so much for my prediction that the WC was fizzling out.

Happy to see Scolari shown up as a clown of the first order.

grecian

Got some incredible viewing figures in England, almost bettering England matches. Did quite well in Germany too, not unsurprisingly.

Walkovers are often pretty dull, but there was a real horrid fascination with this one.

wpdavid

Got some incredible viewing figures in England, almost bettering England matches. Did quite well in Germany too, not unsurprisingly.

Walkovers are often pretty dull, but there was a real horrid fascination with this one.
Yup. 7-1 was bad enough, but it really could have been double figures the way both sides were playing, and given that Brazil looked like going down to 10 players at any moment. How Luiz stayed on the pitch was beyond me.

Have to say that the Germans handled their win really well in the immediate aftermath too.

social

Watched a replay earlier and some of the German defending was pretty horrendous as well

Match could easily have finished 10-5

Johnners

Still stunned at just how simple the 2nd, 3rd & 4th goals were. Deadset reminded me of playing a game of FIFA on semi-pro, they way Brazil was dispossessed and then just kinda watched as Germany strolled through to score.

Stapel

Hopefully the excellence of the Germans won't be lost in the discussion of just how bad Brazil were. They really were terrific, and so much for my prediction that the WC was fizzling out.

Happy to see Scolari shown up as a clown of the first order.
Well, I have to disgaree here! My opinion:
Punishing utterly crap defending is good. But it is most defenitely not excellent.

What makes you think the German performance was a form of excellence, if I may ask?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Come on, there's no doubt they went about the job in a totally professional and clinical way. The standard of finishing and passing was excellent throughout.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
The Germans didn't even have that many shots (four less than Brazil) but they made their chances incredibly clear cut because of their calmness in and around the box. Basically just played tika-taka in the box for the second, fourth, fifth and sixth goals. Unbelievably clinical.

Indipper

I'm not sure if this Brazilian team is the worst ever, but it is definitely the worst I've ever seen on tape or otherwise. The German team pretty much just did what came natural. I switched off at 2-0 cause I knew it was over. That was futbolocaust.

Tangles

Germany was very good and clinical with its finishing. It's hard to define how good they were based on Brazils level of play and capitulation unbecoming of professionals. They certainly blew the host nation off the park in the first 30 minutes. If nothing else their next opponent is on notice not to give them space.

Pothas

Yeah nobody at work really takes any interest in football but everyone had seemingly watched at least some of it.

Thought it was utterly compelling viewing, unlike Liverpool v Arsenal which I gave up on at half time this one demanded to be watched to the very end.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
For some reason I stopped watching Liverpool-Arsenal after 50 minutes but watched all of this. It's weird...

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I was fortunately nowhere near a TV for either the Liverpool/Arsenal game or the Chelsea/Arsenal games. I would have definitely switched them off a long way before they ended though.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I'm not sure if this Brazilian team is the worst ever, but it is definitely the worst I've ever seen on tape or otherwise.
I think the current side is probably better than a great many of the teams they put out between 2000 and the 2002 World Cup, on paper anyway. One suspects that last night was probably the worst performance of a Brazilian side ever though.