• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

semi finalists = joke

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
JASON said:
Mate, England have long been the ones who got whipped :whip: by everyone in ODI's. So neither you nor I should despise their occasional moments of glory :D which are few and far between!! :p
Careful - oh, now you've done it.

Does anyone know if there's an electronic equivalent of the Heimlich Manoeuvre?

cbuts

luckyeddie said:
Because few gave England a chance based purely on historical or emotional reasons (and in many cases, mindless rhetoric), what does that say? That they SHOULDN'T have made it to the final? Or, more likely, that those of us who are possibly a little older and wiser (having seen it all before) actually know a little more than the 'conclusion jumpers', of which club you have proved to be a worthy member?

Man for man, the current England cricketers in general are a little ahead of their New Zealand counterparts in skill - where the Kiwis have almost 'over-achieved' is in the way they knit together as a unit - something England seem to be showing signs of doing themselves. Captaincy too comes into matters - Fleming is revered almost as a god when it comes to the art of captaincy, but Vaughan is proving to be quite astute himself.

It's really brassed you off big-time hasn't it? But let me let you into a secret - it's a game, and the world doesn't stop turning because of it (well, the bit at the top where I live doesn't).
where have i said england didnt deserve to make the final. my biggest gripe was about the pool of wi and sa. although wi look as if they will make the final atm.

why is this tournament so late in the year? why dont we just have a coin toss to decide the champ?

i get sick of this nz over achieved, and man for man we arnt good enough. wat more do have to do? look at odi mainly at the mo. 14 wins from 17 games this year. tests yes ur better man to man, odi's no.

bond is gone. id be suprised to see him back. time to develop people like butler, sherlock and davis

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
cbuts said:
where have i said england didnt deserve to make the final. my biggest gripe was about the pool of wi and sa. although wi look as if they will make the final atm.

why is this tournament so late in the year? why dont we just have a coin toss to decide the champ?

i get sick of this nz over achieved, and man for man we arnt good enough. wat more do have to do? look at odi mainly at the mo. 14 wins from 17 games this year. tests yes ur better man to man, odi's no.

bond is gone. id be suprised to see him back. time to develop people like butler, sherlock and davis
Why don't you just stop whining?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
luckyeddie said:
Captaincy too comes into matters - Fleming is revered almost as a god when it comes to the art of captaincy, but Vaughan is proving to be quite astute himself.

Although both aspire to Ricky's standards ;)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
cbuts said:
NZ would still have been knocked out in the Group :p

cbuts said:
i get sick of this nz over achieved, and man for man we arnt good enough.
Even though it's the truth and is actually praising NZ?

cbuts

how is saying man for man were arnt better praising our team? and saying we over acheived isnt praising in my books. its just like saying ur a tinny **** team. its time people accepted we are one of the best teams around in the odis.

ricky pontings standards as captin, wtf? a ****en donkey could captin that team and still win.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
The Ponting comment is a long running joke (hint: check the thread entitled Ricky Ponting in Cricket Chat)

As for being praise, it is praising the fact that they work so well as a team in spite of nnot having any world stars. Man for man you could compare them with sides like England and they'd come off worse, but they have the edge in the 12th category - teamwork.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
cbuts said:
how is saying man for man were arnt better praising our team? and saying we over acheived isnt praising in my books. its just like saying ur a tinny **** team. its time people accepted we are one of the best teams around in the odis.

ricky pontings standards as captin, wtf? a ****en donkey could captin that team and still win.
Not at all - a quite brilliant team where the whole is far, far greater than the sum of the individuals. See the last Rugby World Cup for further examples, and, of course, the 1966 footy World Cup (which only I, SJS and a couple others on here are old enough to remember).

Regarding Australia being captained by a donkey, there are some who would argue that they alrea (recurring gag trails off into the distance)

cbuts

the last rwc? you won cos u had the best forward pack since the all blacks of 1996/1997. rugby and cricket are totally different games when it comes down to team apsects. cricket is individual performances. u cant win unless someone performs as an individual

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
cbuts said:
the last rwc? you won cos u had the best forward pack since the all blacks of 1996/1997. rugby and cricket are totally different games when it comes down to team apsects. cricket is individual performances. u cant win unless someone performs as an individual
To say that cricket is a game of individual performances is to do the game a disservice. I appreciate that only one bowler is delivering the ball to a single batsman, but what good is a bowler without fielders (sees Crystal 'Oops' Gayle, withdraws statement)? What good is batting without partnerships?

Now I don't know too much about Rugby Union to be able to comment (certainly nowhere near as much as you) or even sheep for that matter, so I'll leave it at that.

cbuts

certainlly u need full team back to succed. thats what makes cricket such a unique game. is their another sport that is so individual but requires a team? mate the sheep jokes just havent been funny since 1962. and even if we do shag em, why does the world love to eat kiwi sheep so much? maybe it is that special maranaide. yea, we showed that rugby fact at the last wrc. england, whose forwards played as a team won, whilst our individualist backline bummed out to third.