• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Semi Finals/Final - Australia, Sri Lanka, England and Pakistan

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Hard to say because its a different ball-game at the start of the innings if they're chasing that. They couldn't have been going at 6rpo for a while like they did before they went nuts.

But overall I'd say they'd have had a good chance, yes.

Marcuss

Yeah, reckon we would've. I know it's not an exact science but an extra 22 runs when we won with 3 overs remaining, I'd have fancied our chances.

Burgey

Still the core is intact right? The guys will be carrying a bit of grudge which is so nice for such a rivalry. IIRC, in 2005, a similar English T20 win started off what culminated in the best Ashes I've ever watched.
Hell yeah. The Ashes really needed this. There's just never any rivalry between the two teams otherwise.

Anyone know if these ****s are getting a parade in London? **** I hope so, let me go and throw mints at the ****ers.

And as for Clarke, WAC. Spoilt my trip. Arsehole.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I don't think there'll be a parade but I'm sure there'll be a crowd to greet them at the airport, why don't you go along and join them?

Burgey

I don't think there'll be a parade but I'm sure there'll be a crowd to greet them at the airport, why don't you go along and join them?
Haha, good shout.

Don't think I'd get through security though mate.

Deadset, this is the nightmare scenario. Thank **** I wasn't here in 05.

honestbharani

I enjoy Chappell's commentary during 20/20 games, because he fulfils my overwhelming urge to complain constantly about everything that is happening in the game. Plus I just find his broken record whining about irrelevant issues like Mankad hilarious.

Anyway, England well on top here. Should really cruise this.
I just think having a commentator on (even he is negative on most things) is better than having to listen to the rest of the channel 9 cheerleaders... esp. when the team is not that all time great team they want us to think it is...

honestbharani

Haha, yeah. Can't say it isn't a welcome change. One of the more likeable teams around, and they've done more than enough to deserve this.
Agree with this massively.

And also, the CW England fans community is perhaps the best (the NZ and Pak guys here run them close) bunch and it is so wonderful to read and feel all their happiness... As I said it in facebook, you invented this, you deserve to be the world champs at it!!!

Man, England quickly becoming my #2 team... Obviously Lara's retirement and the fact that the Windies seem to never care helps.. :p And how awesome is KP? At his best, easily the best batsman to watch. Would pay zilions to watch him and Sehwag, in form, against any attack on a track like Chennai (true bounce and no lateral movement, quick outfield, decent size ground).. Would be massacre for any bowler in the history of the game, AFAIC. :)

tooextracool

A bit unexpected to see such a confident England outfit, but as I mentioned at the start of the tournament, England does have a great limited overs side so I am not completely surprised. The manner in which they steamrolled every opposition in the contest was impressive and professional, its something I havent associated with England in my lifetime. Well done to the team, I hope they can kick on from here.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Well done crims, you and your team of ring-ins did well! :p

Nah, looks like it was a very good performance from your guys on the day, which is what counts. Amazing catch from Collingwood to dismiss Clarke.

G.I.Joe

Well done crims, you and your team of ring-ins did well! :p

Nah, looks like it was a very good performance from your guys on the day, which is what counts. Amazing catch from Collingwood to dismiss Clarke.
Yeah, to think that blunder almost cost his team the game there.

Marcuss

West Indies and Ireland beg to differ.
Didn't we score the joint second highest innings score against the WI? Seems like quite a beating... oh and then we were robbed by rain which rules out everything that happened before it?

Johnners

Didn't we score the joint second highest innings score against the WI? Seems like quite a beating... oh and then we were robbed by rain which rules out everything that happened before it?
WI were 2-60 after 6, kinda giving your bowlers a beating in the chase...never-mind the fairness of the actual result, you didn't steamroll the West Indies (which I think you'll find is Nath's point...)

tooextracool

WI were 2-60 after 6, kinda giving your bowlers a beating in the chase...never-mind the fairness of the actual result, you didn't steamroll the West Indies (which I think you'll find is Nath's point...)
The WI game is irrelevant because we never got to see the entire game. As far as Im concerned, the only reason that game had a result was because of the rather ridiculous rules surrounding rain and the t20 format.

Johnners

I don't disagree ftr, just found Marcuss' reply rather amusing/confrontational given the nature of what happened in that game.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
The rain came down after 2 overs did it not? And from the get go they always knew they would be chasing a reducted target...hardly gave our bowlers a 'beating in the chase'

Academic anyway