• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sep 19Th The day has arrieved

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
steds said:
hmmm...what job would that be?
Getting out quick, then bowling some gentle half volleys so to get the game over quick. So the Indian team can go and watch Monarch of the Glen, rather than being stuck in the ground? :p
Oh ye of little faith.

Now if India had had another 10 AA's, they might have won - but not before Inzy had eaten 9 of them.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Congratulations too to both sets of supporters - those at the game and those on CricketWeb who conducted themselves with dignity, either in victory or defeat..

I never saw any of the game (I was at my daughter's house in Leeds) but I had opportunity to listen to it on the radio - and it was mentioned on many occasions how the ground was totally unsegregated, yet everyone was cheering and supporting their side.

Well done.

:clap::clap::clap:

RealPk

Oh man! What a game.....What a knock from Shahid Afridi!

I was sitting there and first i was so shocked, when i saw Pakistan struggling so hard in the beginning of the second innings.
In the end you can say that Pakistan deserve the win, since their bowling was very consistant ...

And when Afridi came to bat and i saw first the shots of him and i thought, that he has understood now how to bat.. But after the 2 Sixes and his four ...Youhana came to him some overs later ordering him not to play the big shots and he just went back to his crease and doing this what he is always doing..,Smashing a easy devilery in the air and out..Oh damn...I was so shocked...
I hope he gets his batting right now, but it will take some time.

But you dont know. Im sooooo happpy...Pakistan ZINDABAD!
If im looking back as i sat there so disperatly and sadly when i saw Inzi's and the other big wickets ...Oh man there were 100 shocking situation for both- Indian and Pakistani Fans.
But yes thats cricket...And to be honest i havent seen a game like this for the last 4 months.

And now lets look at the other big matches including Australia vs England (will be interesting) and WIN and Pakistan ( everything is possible ).

But as a result you can say that Bob Woolmer has moved very much in Pakistani Cricket since he is coaching there ..And hopefully he will continue...

Last edited:

ReallyCrazy

Banned
well done pakistan. They deserved to win! Now I'm gonna root for them. :cool:

I didn't watch the match or anything but I guess the Paaki bowlers bowled very well today. I seriouly thought and was hoping that Sehwag would cream Sami all over the place. But that wasn't to be. Even Rana Naved hassan bowled well. Damn I saw him bowl in the first ODI against INd in March and he was **** and was hit everywhere.

Last edited:

Deja moo

Yea , a game with many ups and downs , although from 28/3 , India were always playing catch-up.

AA finally delivers his first true allround performance with a 47 and 33/1 with the ball .

Dravid and AA provide India with a fighting total , and fight they did .

Pathan proving yet again why he is such a threat with the new ball .
(On a side note , Pathan misses breaking AAs record of the fastest 50 wickets. AA had 50 in his first 26 games , while Pathan managed 48 )

Inzamam and Youhana steadied the ship for Pakistan and Youhana saw them home , with a little help from Afridi , whose 25 in 12 balls made the difference between victory and defeat in the end .

FRAZ

Forget it ,ITs just another day for India .. they are gonna come out big . WTF its over now . why the hell Pakistan in the semis . And there was'nt a rule of Bonus point .... $hitr $hit $hit . Ok then Its time to change the Nationality . and le me guess Jamaica guyana or any where in the carribean and if that does nt work out then should go for Aus or Eng . But say nooo to pk cuzz they dont even exist .......

Sehwag309

Banned
I was just happy to see a great game. I knew India would loose anyway(things arent going right for them now), just hoped a better contest and it was

Close game..highly exiciting, Dravid-Actor clash was kinda funny, not even serious

Pak - well, if they played likie today against Indian bowling, good luck against WI..they've played all summer in Eng, and might have the edge, I wish WI could go thru final (nothing against PAK) just coz their cricket has been so much on the backfoot

Also, Inzi was lucky to win the toss, as we can see, teams batting 1st usually struggle, so its all gonna be on the toss. Let's see WI can handle Pak pace battery

Goodluck WI and PAk

Scaly piscine

Sehwag309 said:
I was just happy to see a great game. I knew India would loose anyway(things arent going right for them now), just hoped a better contest and it was

Close game..highly exiciting, Dravid-Actor clash was kinda funny, not even serious

Pak - well, if they played likie today against Indian bowling, good luck against WI..they've played all summer in Eng, and might have the edge, I wish WI could go thru final (nothing against PAK) just coz their cricket has been so much on the backfoot

Also, Inzi was lucky to win the toss, as we can see, teams batting 1st usually struggle, so its all gonna be on the toss. Let's see WI can handle Pak pace battery

Goodluck WI and PAk
I don't the toss made one iota of difference in Pak v Ind, Pakistan had just as much trouble if not more so against the new ball than India did, India also threw away their first 3 wickets and the next 2 went to Akhtar. In the SA v WI game SA had an opening partnership of over 100 and they batted first. Hard to tell in the other two (virtual) quarter-finals as one side was a class apart from the other.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
FRAZ said:
Forget it ,ITs just another day for India .. they are gonna come out big . WTF its over now . why the hell Pakistan in the semis . And there was'nt a rule of Bonus point .... $hitr $hit $hit . Ok then Its time to change the Nationality . and le me guess Jamaica guyana or any where in the carribean and if that does nt work out then should go for Aus or Eng . But say nooo to pk cuzz they dont even exist .......
What the hell is wrong with you? :huh:

Anyway, I also don't think it had anything to do with the toss. The Indian batting was pathetic (bar Dravid, Ajit and Kaif for a bit). Just stupid shots, what was Yuvraj doing? Ganguly playing at such a wide ball. It was just never their day, and they just played shocking. The Pakistanis weren't going to drop those catches today (well Afridi did) and that was crucial.

Hopefully India can lift for the Australian test series.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
FRAZ said:
Chip..... meet shoulder.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Sehwag309 said:
Also, Inzi was lucky to win the toss, as we can see, teams batting 1st usually struggle, so its all gonna be on the toss.
5 out of 12 sides batting first have won...

V Reddy

FRAZ said:
8-) :D

India lost again as i thought so unless Ganguly did well. But i just can't believe that Sourav included Rohan and change a winning combination and it's not as if that Gavaskar is that good with the bat either. Well it's back to home matches now for India and a crunch time for Sehwag. The guy was getting very cocky and this should be a good experience for him which he should hopefully learn from. Pathan was again very good and i think they handled Harb really well as they attacked him from the start and didn't really let him settle in.

from_da_lost_di

Sehwag309 said:

Goodluck WI and PAk
aye s309 ...

pakistan is gona win against WI ..
wanna put money on that ??

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
from_da_lost_di said:
cough * losers * cough !! :D
Better to be gracious in defeat than an extremely poor winner IMO.

I congratulate the Indian members of the forum for the sporting way in which they have taken this game...