• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Site extrememly slow \ down 6\3\2007

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I know that about 5 hours before Kev first raised the problem, it was pretty ordinary for me. James stated that it was because of massive amounts of users being on the fantasy cricket website.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
It's certainly not as bad as last week - it's not yet failed, just timed-out once or twice (and on 2nd attempt gone up fine) but it's given the impression of not being 100% well.

Rich2001

I know that about 5 hours before Kev first raised the problem, it was pretty ordinary for me. James stated that it was because of massive amounts of users being on the fantasy cricket website.
We will be releasing a Fantasy Cricket Software Update tonight that will resolve the issues on the load due to some major back end coding changes.

So problems should be completly gone within the next 12 hours.

Slow Love™

Experiencing a lot of slowdown, inability to connect over the last hour or two myself. It's right on the 12 hour mark though, so I guess it might be sorted soon. Just thought I'd let you know in case it's supposed to be resolved by now.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Experiencing a lot of slowdown, inability to connect over the last hour or two myself. It's right on the 12 hour mark though, so I guess it might be sorted soon. Just thought I'd let you know in case it's supposed to be resolved by now.
There's a tonne and a half of traffic hitting the site at the moment, and the server is struggling to handle everyone.

It should be slowly improving however.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Had major problems for the last 2 days, but they may be connected to work. Had a lot of worried workmates earlier when fantasy Cricket came up as blocked. I then worried that the whole site might be blocked which would send my activity plummeting.

Anyway, yeah, having major issues, but it may be my network

James

Cricket Web Owner
Had major problems for the last 2 days, but they may be connected to work. Had a lot of worried workmates earlier when fantasy Cricket came up as blocked. I then worried that the whole site might be blocked which would send my activity plummeting.

Anyway, yeah, having major issues, but it may be my network
FC was blocked for like 3 minutes while I rushed through a change. That was why that happened.

It is mainly CW causing it, although it is generally only around -3 +3 hours around a match when you should notice experience slowness.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
FC was blocked for like 3 minutes while I rushed through a change. That was why that happened.

It is mainly CW causing it, although it is generally only around -3 +3 hours around a match when you should notice experience slowness.
Thanks for the quick reply, I appreciate that

Matt79

Global Moderator
Site has been quite frustrating for the last couple of days for me - periods of quite quick performance, but generally its been very slow (but at least online).

Is it just my imagination or has the advent of the animated Pepsi ads coincided with a marked drop in performance?