• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Suspicious Surreptitious Sacrilegious Squirts Cricket Club

Flem274*

123/5
my bowling has fallen away and cleaver isn't contributing. big seconds games incoming for ferguson/edwards/raval/munro

Flem274*

123/5
it comes down to 'can cleaver's replacement, who will have to open since dickwella will take the gloves, average more than 24?' and 'will the bowling of ferguson or edwards provide more than the weakened engine room?'

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
my bowling has fallen away and cleaver isn't contributing. big seconds games incoming for ferguson/edwards/raval/munro
Bad news: I've decided to stop simming those for a few rounds now that all the teams have played each other once. I'll have another crack later in the season.

But if you decided to replace Bracewell with a bowler you'd probably have to replace Cleaver with Bracewell given he's not only averaging 55 with the bat but is also your fourth highest run scorer. :laugh:

The combined seconds games I simmed don't make great reading for you. Raval did okay but didn't ton up - averaged 42 with three fifties in three games.
Ajaz averaged 131 with the ball and Ferguson got flogged around for a 49 average as well -- so they did worse in seconds than your guys are doing in firsts. Munro trolled a couple of wickets and smashed an awesome ton but still averaged less than 30 with the bat.

Dropping Cleaver for Raval could be on. I think your bowlers/engineroomers have done well enough to starve off the competition though, unless you want to troll with Fidel going at 6rpo but still averaging 35 somehow.

Flem274*

123/5
i've got one of the worst team bowling averages in the league and irl if this was happening with these players ferguson would be in immediately, so that's what's going to happen. he is a much better bowler than dougeh.

hay
raval
shafiq
taylor
nicholls
dickwella
de grandhomme
tastle
rabada
ferguson
wagner

is my thinking. dickwella batting higher and keeping is asking for a form slump or injury and bracewell isn't a #7.

the other option is meme opening with munro or tastle. all they have to do is average better than 24....

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
i've got one of the worst team bowling averages in the league and irl if this was happening with these players ferguson would be in immediately, so that's what's going to happen. he is a much better bowler than dougeh.

hay
raval
shafiq
taylor
nicholls
dickwella
de grandhomme
tastle
rabada
ferguson
wagner

is my thinking. dickwella batting higher and keeping is asking for a form slump or injury and bracewell isn't a #7.

the other option is meme opening with munro or tastle. all they have to do is average better than 24....
Yeah Dougeh's batting form probably makes him more valuable than Hay in that lineup. Like he's still apparently been your MPV:
CWPL - Squirts Statistics

Fergo in for Cleaver, Tastle opening, Dougeh to lead the engine room and play as a batting allrounder at #8 IMO.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Ultimately I think Ferguson averaging 50 in seconds would probably make him not selected tbh. But if you want to pick him then I think Dougeh still plays based on his h4x batting.

Marcuss

I meann, an average of 34.80 isn't ideal but to get dropped for a bloke averaging 50 in seconds would be rough as it is. Letterlone when he averages 50 with the blade.