• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The ATG Teams General arguing/discussing thread

Flem274*

123/5
oram's the better batsman tbf. same number of tons from under half the matches, and 4 of the 5 were against proper attacks too. it's a shame his eyes went so early. watching them both, oram was a monster in his prime. i wish there was more footage of his south africa and australia belting.

the bowling is slightly in favour of flintoff though...

Fuller Pilch

Yeah 6'6 (ex soccer goalie as the commentators told us every 2 overs).

36 with the bat and 33 with the ball in a struggling side was pretty decent imo.

TheJediBrah

Took him a while to get going with the bat in international cricket IIRC. He would bat down the order and play mostly as a change bowler in ODIs, and I remember the NZ commentators always saying that he's actually more of a batting all-rounder but it was a few years before they gave him more of a chance up the order.

Coronis

Been thinking about lefties and combing Gilchrist and Flower recently, so here’s a leftie XI (which it turns out Flower doesn’t actually make)

Hayden
Smith
Sangakkara
Lara
Border*
Sobers
Gilchrist+
Wasim
Johnson
Davidson
Verity

Morris, Pollock, Flower, Chanders and Harvey all unlucky to miss out. Jadeja could possibly get in there over Verity in a few years.

ankitj

I have warmed up to the idea of representing all key skills in all time XI, so as of now my world all time XI has both a great leggie and an offie. Giving representation to all major 8 test playing nations, my XI will look like this:

Jack Hobbs
Sunil Gavaskar
Don Bradman
Graeme Pollock
Garry Sobers
Adam Gilchrist (wk)
Imran Khan (c)
Richard Hadlee
Shane Warne
Malcolm Marshall
Muttiah Muralitharan

Dropped Barnes from XI in the process which is bit sad because all bowlers are from post 1970 era in that XI.

Red Hill

The artist formerly known as Monk
I have warmed up to the idea of representing all key skills in all time XI, so as of now my world all time XI has both a great leggie and an offie. Giving representation to all major 8 test playing nations, my XI will look like this:

Jack Hobbs
Sunil Gavaskar
Don Bradman
Graeme Pollock
Garry Sobers
Adam Gilchrist (wk)
Imran Khan (c)
Richard Hadlee
Shane Warne
Malcolm Marshall
Muttiah Muralitharan

Dropped Barnes from XI in the process which is bit sad because all bowlers are from post 1970 era in that XI.
Wasim instead of Imran would give your attack more variety but you'd lose a little in batting I guess.

bagapath

left hand batters + right hand bowlers/ left hand bowlers + right hand batters all rounder XI
Minimum of 50 wickets.

Vinoo Mankad
Wilfred Rhodes
Frank Worrell *
Sangakara +
Jack Gregory
Ben Stokes
Ravi Shastri
Jacob Oram
Lance Klusener
Richard Hadlee
Johnny Briggs

Flem274*

123/5
testing a side i may post in 5 years or so

haynes
greenidge
viv
lara
sobers
chanderpaul
walcott
holder
marshall
garner
ambrose

heresy to leave out holding now, but holder is well on his way to atvg bowler alone plus averages 30 with the bat. hopefully will retire one of the great allrounders.

edit - headley, weekes etc im not educated on barring their averages. i saw chanderpaul play so im more confident on his relative quality to lara etc who i also saw.

Last edited:

Lillian Thomson

All time Bio Bubble XI

A bit of tinkering with the batting as no one has really contributed much at 3 so Crawley moves up a place despite having no experience at 3 in a bubble. Some of the bowlers only put in a modest performance but showed promise so sneak into the XI.

1. Braithwaite
2. Burns
3. Crawley
4. Chase
5. Stokes
6. Blackwood
7. Dowrich
8. Holder
9. Bess
10.Archer
11.Gabriel

Zinzan

>100 Tests All-time XI off the top of my head. 2 spinner approach with both Warne and Murali.

Criteria: openers have open >100 occasions.

Gavaskar
G Smith (c)
Richards
Tendulkar
Lara
Sangakkara (Wk)
Kallis
Akram
Warne
Murali
McGrath