• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Big Game - Who Will Win

who will win?

• NZ

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Australia

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

age_master

dunno, both teams dropped alot of ball last night, i think i will wait till the wallaby side is announced (and wait to see if Giteau is injured)

Tim

Australia don't have a chance...how the hell were they 9-9 with Scotland after more than 50 minutes?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Tim said:
Australia don't have a chance...how the hell were they 9-9 with Scotland after more than 50 minutes?
By the same token, how the hell were NZ losing to Wales after more than 50 minutes?

Past games mean nothing now.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Hmm so england dont even warrent a place in your poll???

Id say they have a chance, but my head says NZ will win....

PY

The semi-final that doesn't involve England is

New Zealand vs Australia

I think this is what our Southern Hemisphere friends are referring to. :)

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Langeveldt said:
Hmm so england dont even warrent a place in your poll???
Given that the Poll is "Who will win the Semi Final between Australia and New Zealand", I think it's probably justified that England aren't in it...

Langeveldt

Soutie
Neil Pickup said:
Given that the Poll is "Who will win the Semi Final between Australia and New Zealand", I think it's probably justified that England aren't in it...

Hmm, good point... although Anna said that neither of those teams would win, so I thought you people meant the final...

And "the big game" in this world cup is the final IMHO :D

Last edited:

Mr. P

Australia, because we have been and always will be, better then England at everything.:D (Yes i know its between us and NZ, but England are better than NZ at general sport, so that explains itself)

Langeveldt

Soutie
Mr. Ponting said:
Australia, because we have been and always will be, better then England at everything.:D (Yes i know its between us and NZ, but England are better than NZ at general sport, so that explains itself)
:P lol so you fancy your chances at beating us at womens curling???

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Langeveldt said:
:P lol so you fancy your chances at beating us at womens curling???
Note: There is 1 curling rink in England.

Curling is a predominantly Scottish sport :P

And Australia, because they're going to win the World Cup. I decided that halfway through the farce that was Leicester v Blackburn last week.

garage flower

Australia looked completely ordinary in the quarters. A decent side (i.e. any quarter finalist except Scotland) would have beaten them.

New Zealand to beat France in the final.

Tim

Marc & how do you explain Wales 10-3 up to England at halftime and then by fulltime Wales 3 tries to 1 over England?

NZ were bad against Wales, but they made scoring tries look easy in the last 10 minutes to show that they were clearly the better side.

age_master

Tim said:
Marc & how do you explain Wales 10-3 up to England at halftime and then by fulltime Wales 3 tries to 1 over England?

NZ were bad against Wales, but they made scoring tries look easy in the last 10 minutes to show that they were clearly the better side.

well duh, england dont score try's they just let wilkinson kick penalty goals

Tim

yup it backs up the theory of just how important Wilkinson is to this England team.

Wilkinson was having to attempt drop-goals & kick penalties from out near half-way because they couldn't score enough tries.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Tim, don't make comments putting other teams down if you can't take them about NZ - You pointed out Aus played poorly and were only drawing against Scotland as a reason that NZ would win, yet they didn't play that well against Wales themselves.

I saw none of the England Quarter Final because it was Rememberance Sunday, and there are more important things than Rugby, so cannot comment on the game, but at the end of the day, we did win by a reasonable margin (not a walkover, but not that tight)

Tim

the difference between NZ/Wales & Aus/Scotland was the fact that one was a pool match & the other was a quarter final.

Sure NZ played badly against Wales, but it didn't stop them from beating South Africa 29-9 and not conceeding a single try.

Tim

ok Marc, so you don't think NZ have psychological advantage over Australia considering we beat them twice this year & also considering Australia played reasonably poorly by their standards against Scotland compared to NZ who promised they would improve against S.A and did.

And even against South Africa, NZ didn't really look at their best either.