• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Golf Thread

Anil

looks like woods is not going to win a second straight major...will have to see if he manages to make the cut...

flibbertyjibber

I honestly think Koepka is playing golf at present as good as I have seen, the only players who seem to have had an aura and played almost invincible golf in my time being old enough to watch are Faldo and Woods and I truly believe Koepka in the last few years in majors is the best. He isn't even leading today yet I expect to wake up in the morning and see he has won by a couple of shots. When it matters he seems to go up a level that others can't, bloke is a freak.

Anil

he is 1 back right now with woodland in trouble off the tee at the 14th...yeah certainly looks like koepka could pull this off...if he does, he would have won the u.s open 3 consecutive years!

Anil

another major runner-up for koepka...woodland was seriously clutch on sunday though...very impressive...

Lillian Thomson

The Open is always a great antidote to Wimbledon. As much I love tennis the fact that there are only two or three likely winners is not great, whereas (almost) anyone in the field can win the Golf Majors.

andmark

And after all the fuss they were making about him on the tellybox this morning - reckon even I might have manged to better that
If Benaud was still alive, he'd call it a tragedy.

That said, someone has just hit fifteen on a single hole. I'm confident pretty much all of us would better that.

Anil

tiger, rory, scott, leishman all out of contention and primed to miss the cut after the 1st day...we have one guy tied for 3rd 2 shots back right now that i feel will be in contention on sunday...

Last edited: