• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The "Live" Thread

Agent TBY

Discuss your live experiences in this thread.We're in OT so i guess Cricket doesn't count.Discuss football matches,rugby matches,concerts,movie premieres,autograph signing sessions,the works.Local,regional,International,they all count.So get started people.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Watching live text commentary of West Ham / Ispwich and West Ham have just taken the lead - 1-0 after 7 minutes :)

Son Of Coco

Agent TBY said:
Discuss your live experiences in this thread.We're in OT so i guess Cricket doesn't count.Discuss football matches,rugby matches,concerts,movie premieres,autograph signing sessions,the works.Local,regional,International,they all count.So get started people.
Hmmm, Live Concerts:

Pearl Jam - '95, '98 x 2
The Tea Party 2000-ish
The Waifs - Edinburgh 8/03 & 2/04; Byron Bay 02/05
You Am I - Glasgow twice in 10 days.
Rocket Science and the Vines - same time as You Am I
John Butler Trio - 6/03
Cog - Last night, they were LOWOWOWOUD!
Grinspoon - a couple of times
Mia Dyson
Livid '00
Ryan Adams '02
The Fauves twice or so
Powderfinger & Something for Kate - a while back
I'm sure there's more.

Agent TBY

The Ipswich goalie drops down to a 5 and will therefore not move,will not get to any crosses and will frequenly rush out and be stranded.

To Son of Coco,thats a lot of money spent.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
1. St. Kilda Festival was one of the best days I've had. 18th birthday, waltzing around, seeing artists like Cat Empire and Xavier Rudd, while spending time watching people who just really appreciated the chance to perform at the fest, like True Live and De Jah Groove. Awesome, awesome day.

2. Three Bens - been through that before.

3. John Butler Trio/Powderfinger - loved JBT, Powderfinger's old stuff was great.

4. Seen so many AFL matches, but the best game I've seen would have to be in 1993, when Gary Ablett kicked 14 in a losing side. Or when Billy Brownless kicked a goal after the siren in 1994 Qualifying Final. Or when Ablett did it in the Preliminary Final in the same year. Or when Carey and Lloyd had that shootout in 1999, Lloyd kicking 10 + Carey kicking 8. Or...

5. Went to a premiere of Batman and Robin, man that was a plain movie.

_Ed_

Muse gig remains my favourite live experience. That bassline at the start of the opener Hysteria...confetti exploding from both sides of the stage in Stockholm Syndrome...

Shihad on the 1st of this month were awesome too, free gig in the main square thing in Auckland, really huge crowd in a pretty small space. Intense moshpit.

Son Of Coco

Agent TBY said:
The Ipswich goalie drops down to a 5 and will therefore not move,will not get to any crosses and will frequenly rush out and be stranded.

To Son of Coco,thats a lot of money spent.
haha, probably not as much as you think though - the dearest was Livid (a festival), then Pearl Jam in '98 was next at $50 the rest are all between $10 and $30

Anna

-Rugby: Been to quite a few matches!....seen Bath about 7 times, Bristol once & England 3 times at Twickenham.
-Football: Arsenal v Leeds & Liverpool v Leeds a few years ago (never, ever sit with Leeds United away fans- wasn't pleasant!) & England v Bulgaria at Wembley.
-Cricket:Too many matches at the County Ground (Taunton) to mention! Quite a few have been tour matches....Australia, Sri Lanka, West Indies A, South Africa & New Zealand. Can't wait for the 1-day match against Aus on 15th June!
-Gigs: The only one I've been to so far was The Red Hot Chili Peppers in Cardiff last year- awesome experience! Am going to the T4 Pop Beach in June- cracking line-up: Athlete, Doves, Feeder, Garbage, The Kaiser Chiefs, Lemar, Mylo, and Rooster (+ Goldie Lookin Chain, Mario & Rachel Stevens- not too keen on them!). Should be good.

Last edited:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Not had that many live experiences (though I did watch Bodø/Glimt getting demolished 1-6 by $tabæk five years back...ruddy awful), but I'm going to a festival in a month which should be cool, got two of my favourite artists, Tori Amos and Tom McRae, in one day :)

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I'm just back from the Zurich premiership final! At jolly old Twickers. Wasps absolutely thumped Leicester to claim their 3rd consecutive title.

A bitty game in all honesty, but the better team won. Just a shame that Jonno & Backie couldn't go out with a victory.

I've scanned my ticket in a "proof that I'm not talking poo" kinda way. £40 it set me back! :D

Attachments

Smudge

- Saw Neil Finn live at the Regent Theatre in Dunedin in 1999. Great stuff.
- Watched Otago beat the Springboks on a wet and windy day at Carisbrook in 1994.
- Was part of the naughty crowd that stopped the game at Carisbrook when Brett Lee hit Adam Parore's helmet.
- Saw Stephen Fleming score a century against Pakistan in an ODI at Jade Stadium last year.

Sir Redman

Excluding cricket games I've been to:

Soccer - NZ vs England about 12 years ago. I don't remember a thing about the game though, only that I went to it.

Hockey - NZ vs Malaysia in March or April this year (can't remember which). This was an awesome game, NZ won 3-0. Pity Hayden Shaw had retired from hockey.

Tennis - I've been to one day of the Heineken Open (main NZ tournament) 4 years in a row from about 1997 onwards. Saw some great matches.
I also went to the Australian Open last time I was in Melbourne

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Oh, I was also kicked out of the Aus vs NZ cricket game in 01/02 at the MCG, when NZ rolled us for like nothing, and there were all the crowd troubles, and like 500 people got booted.

And I went to the Australian Open in 1997, but spent the whole time playing mini tennis at the fan section, and missed Pat Rafter - Todd Martin 5 set classic. :dry: